SAU Community

Hey All.

Daleet

G'day everyone.

I joined SAU a few months ago, but haven't posted anything until now.

My name's Daniel, and I purchased "syx"'s R33 in July (Jimbo's old car to those of you SAU veterans).

I have to admit that I don't know a stack about the mechanics of a Skyline, but I do know that so far it's been an enjoyable ride! I'm keen to learn more, but I don't check forums heaps, so you'll probably see me on only now and then.

Cheers,

post-65208-1259476100_thumb.jpg

Cheers.

It's got a few mods Lawler, I'll paste them below - all from previous owners, so nothing that I've added myself. I'm a 4th year Uni student, so money is tight and that means I've got no massive plans for it as yet... definitely enjoying it though. If I were to spend money it, the first thing I'd do is completely fix the paintwork as the car has been seriously keyed on the roof, bonnet, and drivers-side door. The previous owner had it touched up, and some of the SAU'ers may have seen it at a previous 'Dyno Day' at Boostworx. I've got quotes for it, the cheapest being around $2300 or so at a place on South Road.

Anyway, here's what I've been told of the mods... to be honest, I wouldn't be able to tell you what half of this stuff means.

ECR 33 M Spec 1995 model, built 1994 (its a series 1.5) best bits of series 1 with series 2 engine and bodykit and a few other bits and pieces from the series 2

APEXi PowerFC management with handheld controller

Turbosmart E-Boost electronic boost controller

PIVOT super baby turbo timer - stealth setup in ashtray

Aftermarket hybrid turbo (model is unknown but is larger and a lot better than standard turbo, boost comes on hard early and has a great meaty power curve all through the rev range) with reinforced wastegate actuator by Unique Autosports to hold boost and bring it on better

GTR front mount intercooler

Z32 air flow meter for more agressive tuning

SPLITFIRE 80mm boost gauge on drivers side A-Pillar

HKS exhaust cam gear

TRUST/Greddy oil catch can

6 button clutch

GTR fuel pump and 550cc injectors (claimed when i bought the car from previous owner- have never pulled them out to check but i feel thats right as the fuel system would have maxed out with the standard items)

3 inch exhaust off the turbo to high flow CATCO 3 inch catalitic converter into HKS Super Drager cat back exhaust system

Pod air filter enclosed in custom made insulated cold air box with induction piping from front bumper

bendix ultimate brake pads all round

Autowatch 3 point immobilser with digital siren alarm system

Carbon fibre gear knob

custom R33 leather handbrake and gearstick boots by Jay (SAU)

fire extinguisher set up in back

wheels are Speedy Holotype R rims 17inch

electric windows

airbag steering wheel (not available on series 1's)

REDLINE lightweight shockproof gearbox oil

Genuine Nissan floor mats

100,000 Major service with new timing belt replaced at appox 93,000kms

Now complianced in South Australia, had to get higher springs and a ‘child restraint anchor’.

Toyo TEO Plus tyres

New fuel pump, old one died.

Splitfire coilpacks.

New Alpine stereo with ipod input, 12 inch sub, 4 channel amp, front 6” splits, 6” rears.

New rear shocks from Trident

I've just hit 150,000 kms on the clock, so soon to take it for its first service. :blink: