SAU Community

Fuel Pump Woes

33GTRV

Hi guys. In an attempted leadup to the possibility of me coming down on the weekend i have encountered an electrical issue, or a pump malfunction when i was getting my car dyno tuned. It seems the pump is dropping off in pressure greatly, it was said to be a gtr nismo upgrade pump. What im wondering is wheather there is a fuel pump speed controller and is it by-passable, is it worth rewiring the pump and peoples experiences with similar issues. The tuner is new to the GTR so im a little worried. Please dont grill me for posting here first, i thought id ask the locals before throwing it out to the world.

Hi. The fuel pump is using the standard wiring as it was a drop in nismo item. And no, im not using a rising rate. there is no need for the power goal im after. 400awhp. I was advised to try and hardwire the pump and also to ground the pump directly to the chassis as there was a FPSC on the strut tower in the boot. Something about it regulates the voltage by resistance through the earth. Its worrying me because these guys have little to no experience in GTR's and its racking me up a massive bill. In the vicinity of 2k for a tune and to fault find the problem with the pump!! They are trying to tell me that the vi-pec software is hard to use, similar to the VCM suite VE software and it takes more time?? I mentioned the autotune functions to speed up the tuners time and was basically ignored. Getting me pretty worried :)

thats just it bunta, the tuners havnt described anything. I have to hassle them to get updates on the car and the updates i do get are fuzzy to say the least. Im not an average joe, i have a pretty extensive amount of knowledge on cars and everything ive been told ive already suggested. They dont want to take any advice/tips/hints or anything, i think its a "were fine, we will work it out ourselves, we dont need any help" thing. I guess im just like an expectant father, very nervous to say the least. Im just really worried they might do more damage than good, these cars are not cheap to work on or fix :( Heres to hoping i guess

well, i had to go in and show them myself this morning. Got the car back this afternoon, cams are still not dialed in. made 360whp@18psi. was told that to dial the cams would be approx 6-7hrs, and thats on top of the 1971bux they have just charged me :rofl: I think that now the car is in a driveble state and the AFR's are fine i will be paying Godzilla a visit. The power curve is a shallow straight line so its not exactly responsive by any means sadfase

well, i had to go in and show them myself this morning. Got the car back this afternoon, cams are still not dialed in. made 360whp@18psi. was told that to dial the cams would be approx 6-7hrs, and thats on top of the 1971bux they have just charged me :) I think that now the car is in a driveble state and the AFR's are fine i will be paying Godzilla a visit. The power curve is a shallow straight line so its not exactly responsive by any means sadfase

Bring it in next week, Mark and I will check it out for you.

Edited by DiRTgarage