SAU Community

C210 Owners Help! Dot Stamped Windshield

Sukh

Getting my car inspected to get it on the road here in Canada and all the windows have SOT stamps except the windshield!!!!

Can you please scheck yours and let me know if there is a DOT or SAE stamp on the windshield? hopefully there is and it rubbed off or something.

Getting my car inspected to get it on the road here in Canada and all the windows have SOT stamps except the windshield!!!!

Can you please scheck yours and let me know if there is a DOT or SAE stamp on the windshield? hopefully there is and it rubbed off or something.

Hi what excactly you need the original DOT no. from Nissan

your car is a coupe?

Regards

Mario.

All of the windows should and need to have a DOT number (department of Transportation)

This is the rear window you can see DOT-20 M2243

photo12.jpg

The is the front there is no DOT number there that's what is causing the confusion. My car is from Japan and I was wondering if you guys down under had DOT numbers on your front windshields?

photo32.jpg

All of the windows should and need to have a DOT number (department of Transportation)

This is the rear window you can see DOT-20 M2243

photo12.jpg

The is the front there is no DOT number there that's what is causing the confusion. My car is from Japan and I was wondering if you guys down under had DOT numbers on your front windshields?

photo32.jpg

Hi hope i can help you,

i have the original windscreen, which is removed .im replacing it with a new one

but is still sitting in my rear garage

THE DOT NUMBER IS AS FOLLOWS

DOT-20 M545

My car is a coupe too.

Hope this has been of assistance to you

Kind regards

Mario.

^ Thanks a lot this does help!!! now to see if a local glass shop gan get me this screen. Does you new glass have the DOT number stamped on it too?

Hi the new window i have in now has the following numbers and letters

AS 1 DOT 607

PGI

43R 00242

hope this helps you find one there.if you were here in Australia

i would gladly give you mine it has only a small chip mark on it but i needed to remove it

because of rust repairs under the windscreen

Regards and good luck mate,

Mario