SAU Community

Indicators Have Gone Weird!

Hey guys,

My indicators are only working on the right, on the left it has gone weird (basically it clicks once, but not continually).

So to indicate left I have to frantically turn them on and off (reminds me of my old Honda postie bike, which I used to do that to stop the annoying beeper from coming on)

I've got a Mongoose imobiliser that was installed at compliance, I'm wondering if it could be something to do with that? Or if its more likey that the stalk is rooted.

Thanks guys!

Glen

Have you checked all your globes (get someone to look at the LHS globes while you flick the stalk :whistling: ) V35's don't use a flasher can or relay; I believe they have a module in the cluster that control the blinkers.

My blinkers would do this when I towed my trailer; it used incandescent globes, and the resistance was too high. Changed to LED trailer lights; everything was fine.

Perhaps you have a blown globe or a corroded globe holder?

I'm at work at the moment (I ride a motorbike to work) so I'll check for corrosion when I get home (Thanks Dale!)

All four go off when you use the hazards, and when you indicate it shows the right one flash once on the dash, but all the indicator lights go off.

Makes me think there is a short or something... (from memory the wiring of the immobiliser was pretty dodgy; gotta love compliance workshops)

Yeh i'm not familiar with the V35's wiring setup - but just throwing some things out there from experience.

- Hazards run on a stand alone circuit so that just about no matter what happens to the car, they still fire. So in testing that you can isolate it to the blinker circuit.

- If they flash once when you hit the stalk, and you can replicate this every time, then i don't think it's a loose connection/corrosion in the globe holders but it can't hurt to check.

- If you're saying V35's use an LCM (Light Control Module) then a busted relay (which is what i thought it would be) might not be as probable - but maybe do some research.

- Lastly, have you changed any other lights lately? Or do you have any LED's? My BMW - when I put cheap eBay LED lights in my license plate, used to freak the indicators out - the right side would go double time and the left side woukdn't go at all. But here's the kicker, it didn't do it straight away when i installed the lights - it did it about 3 months later - when a couple of the little led bulbs burned out (eg. each globe had 10 LED's, and 2 or 3 went out). Those 2 or 3 burned out LED's, caused the resistance to drop in the circuit which set the other lights off.....it took me so long to diagnose.

Hey mate thanks for your advice,

nothing has changed recently in the electronics of my car; (I got it in June last year, and replaced the JDM double din about a year ago).

Fitted an exhaust, spacer and swaybars recently, but the only thing that was unplugged in that time was the AFM (and I had to reset the ECU when I forgot to plug it in LOL)

Looks like I'm up for a new cluster then?