SAU Community

Apexi Cam Shaft Identification

drpheel

I bought a R32 GTR that was blown on cyl #6 , the guys must of had a million feedback on Ebay because his car was built with the most cheap crap you can find on there ! IDK how he did it but he even managed to get rip off of the actual rip off parts :huh: So out we go with the 26 and all the cheap crap and in with the new 26. When cleaning the head of the old engine out I found the only authentic part on the car :woot: A nice set of Apexi intake and exhaust cam shafts. Must of been there since it left the mother land because i doubt the cheapo that had the car was able to fork out the green for those ... and well ...you cant find them on Ebay :whistling: . They are a few markings on it but nothing I can match online or find info about. Other then calculating the lift and duration by hand is there anyone who has more info on those cam shafts markings ? seems to be a bunch of models for the 26, some of them only fit the Bnr34. The stock lifter buckets were un-shimmed and looked factory , valves and springs are also OEM. The only info i found for rb26 can be seen here : http://www.ooparts-international.co.jp/index/car/listbybrand/apexi/engineparts/index.html

the product codes don't seem to match up with the markings on the cam gears ,

Any info on what to look for would be well appreciated ! :cheers:

Edited by drpheel