SAU Community

Funny squealing noise when starting up

JAPCAB

Got a bit of an odd problem when starting up my car when its been left overnight or for a couple of days. I go to start it up and it starts up fine but just after it starts up i hear a funny squealing noise coming from under the bonnet that lasts for about 2-3 seconds then it goes away. Once the car has warmed up you can turn the car on and off and it no longer makes the noise, and for the rest of the day it will be fine but after i leave it overnight it will do it on the first start. The car runs/idles/drives fine and i'm unsure what the problem is - someone suggested to me it might be a powersteering belt or something?!?!At the moment it is not causing any problems its more annoying - i thought i'd see if any of you guys have experienced this before and if so what do i need to check/change etc.

Many Thanks as always

Its definatley one of the belts...My power steering belt started to do this just before it snapped. No big deal, just really heavy steering.

I would reccomoned getting some BELT GRIP, its a spray can, and start the car and just spray some on the belts. See how u go. SHouldnt be a big deal though.

BeltGrip..i'll have to go buy some after work; and i'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the tip!

Its definatley one of the belts...My power steering belt started to do this just before it snapped. No big deal, just really heavy steering.  

I would reccomoned getting some BELT GRIP, its a spray can, and start the car and just spray some on the belts. See how u go. SHouldnt be a big deal though.