SAU Community

Vg30 Turbo

Item: Z32 VG30 Turbo price drop

Item Condition: Very minimal shaft play - came out @ 90,000kms

Price and Payment Conditions: $220

Extra Info: Delivery anywhere at buyers cost

Contact Details: PM or post up or call 0408578627

The turbo came out of my Z32 which i had imported recently..In Japan, some goose left a rag in the left hand turbo so it gave up..The right hand turbo is in perfect working order though..

Thanks in advance,

nuR

Edited by nuR.spec

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd let you all know this guy isn't selling a VG30 as advertised..

They are Garrett T25 which are standard on SR20 and CA18's.

I bought the faulty one off him as I wanted the VG30 turbine for a Hi-flow, I didnt know what a VG30 looked like so I bought it having trusted that the seller was actually selling what he claimed was a VG30.

Now he won't give my money back and has spun some sh!t.

I thought I'd let you all know this guy isn't selling a VG30 as advertised..

They are Garrett T25 which are standard on SR20 and CA18's.

I bought the faulty one off him as I wanted the VG30 turbine for a Hi-flow, I didnt know what a VG30 looked like so I bought it having trusted that the seller was actually selling what he claimed was a VG30.

Now he won't give my money back and has spun some sh!t.

If its from a Z32 then its actually smaller than those found on SR's & even CA's.

This is what you have

Turbo: T25/T2 Hybrid

Car of origin: Z32 300ZX

Engine: VG30DETT

Flange: 4 bolt

Max power: 130kW

Max boost: 1.0 bar

Housing sizes: Exhaust 0.48 AR, compressor 0.49 AR

Comments: The 4 bolt flange will fit most Nissan 4 cylinder turbo manifolds. It’s a very small & reasonably inefficient turbo & should only really be considered for replacing a failed unit.

They also have their roots in the ET Pulsar & in the TT 300ZX’s all the way up to their last release in 2000. They do have a steel wheeled compressor.

This is what you were after

Turbo: VG series

Car of origin: Gloria, Z31 300ZX

Engine: VG30DET

Flange: 4 bolt T3 style

Max power: Approx 195kW

Max boost: 1.2 bar

Housing sizes: AR not identified

Comments: These have a slightly larger exhaust housing than the turbos on the RB25’s, but have a marginally smaller compressor with different trim. These turbos are a ball bearing core with a steel compressor wheel. No ceramics here! They should be cheaper than the RB turbos & are suitable for RB20’s, SR’s & CA’s

Point of interest also, the VG series turbo never had T25 stamped into it & the same goes with AR ratios

This info & more can be found @ www.thecarscene.com

Sorry to hear about this, its not good at all. I hope things can be worked out.

James

Are you sure your tuner wasn't high on something?

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.p...howtopic=121194

Read for yourself mate..before you jump to conclusions, i suggest you read..wait, before you do that, get a decent tuner!

Btw, i clearly stated that it was off a DETT

In Japan, some goose left a rag in the left hand turbo so it gave up..The right hand turbo is in perfect working order though..
Edited by nuR.spec

yea VG30DETT ...... TT m8 .. not T

being they are the smaller version.... just look at the compressor and exhaust housing sizes.. they are TINY as.

VG30DET .. which i have to my left right now has OP6 on the exhaust housing .. casted onto it. and the Comp housing as Nissan and 45V2

where as yours has garret and the exhaust housing .. going by the pics on NS.com .... is FAR smaller again than the SR/CA turbos

youve ripped this poor bloke off.... make things right man.

You've proven that it is some type of VG30 and you would have known when I told you I had plans for the hi-flow and large VG30 turbine housing for my RB25 that this wouldn't be for me.

But I guess you didn't care and you were happy to take the money and not give it back when I've realised it's no good to me.

Anyway Karma's a bitch mate! When you do wrong to one person it'll come back to you some day.

Good luck with your sale.

Thanks you just explained it all.

Maybe sellers should post up the correct details next time they sell stuff!

No problem. I work for Nissan Australia & i am 'the tech man' @ thecarscene.com so let me if you need any more info.

It does pay to be very specific when buying or selling stuff as mis representation can bring on public arguements like this. Which no one wants or needs.

Sorry to hijack,

James

Edited by Jaymz

Turbo: T25/T2 Hybrid

Car of origin: Z32 300ZX

Engine: VG30DETT

Flange: 4 bolt

Max power: 130kW

Max boost: 1.0 bar

Housing sizes: Exhaust 0.48 AR, compressor 0.49 AR

Comments: The 4 bolt flange will fit most Nissan 4 cylinder turbo manifolds. It’s a very small & reasonably inefficient turbo & should only really be considered for replacing a failed unit.

They also have their roots in the ET Pulsar & in the TT 300ZX’s all the way up to their last release in 2000. They do have a steel wheeled compressor.

is this the turbo you are selling nur.spec?

or is it this one

Turbo: VG series

Car of origin: Gloria, Z31 300ZX

Engine: VG30DET

Flange: 4 bolt T3 style

Max power: Approx 195kW

Max boost: 1.2 bar

Housing sizes: AR not identified

Comments: These have a slightly larger exhaust housing than the turbos on the RB25’s, but have a marginally smaller compressor with different trim. These turbos are a ball bearing core with a steel compressor wheel. No ceramics here! They should be cheaper than the RB turbos & are suitable for RB20’s, SR’s & CA’s

Edited by whyte