SAU Community

Looking To By A Stagea

humble

Hi All

Im in the midst of gathering as much info as possible on the stagea before i make my purchase..

i Have read the Buying a stagea sticky which has been great....

to be honest i have serached (probably not enough) and have not come up with much....

i would appreciate it if you guys/gals could help me with some history as in:

*the different models, years

*from experience which model would be recommended.

*what would be a good price to pay for say a 1997 RS4

Oh and if anyone has one for sale in Melbourne/VIC please let me know..

basically any advise/information for this clueless NEWBY would be greatly appreciated...

i would usually do alot more research before asking such silly questions but my wife has given the nod for this so i want to get to it as soon as possible

Anyone who has one for sale preferrably in Melbourne please let me know

thanks in advance

Ian

Edited by humble

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The main difference is a series 1 (1996to1998) and series 2 (1998to2001) S2 has a neo engine and triptronic auto and some manual S2 are floating around. S1 are all Auto except the 260RS RB26DETT which is twice the price. S1 and S2 are the same body shape but the lights a different, I like the S1 front but S2 back.

For a 1997 RS FOUR I think they rang from about $17000 to $22000.

If your after one which has the basic mods done, 150KW mine is for sale.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=100210

I have heaps more pics I could email you. Delivery could be worked out. If your after a cheaper more stock one I could reduce the price and return it to more stock condition.

Dude, dont think, just buy.

You'll never look back, except at the Commodores disappearing in your rearview mirror.

They're great even when completely stock. I know a bit of prepurchase research is important but this car does not come with any negative cognitive disonance - and to think I did 3 years of Uni to know that that means.

If you're in Brissy looking at 'God with us' S2 then give Ernie at Nizmo Imports a call on 3868 1496, he'll happy to show you a few.

3intheBack :

Hi mate

i wish i was in brissy...

by the looks of things it seems that most that are for sale are up there...

i have just been discussing with the 2nd half about doing a weekend tour of brissy so that we could check some out..

so Ernie at Nizmo Imports woudl be the man to speak too?? where abouts is he located??

Emanuelt:

looks like i may come be coming up sooner than i thought

Ian

Humble - I see you're a new convert to the club. The stuff in some of these threads makes for a good read - fortunately I was on Hols when I found it and spent two full days going back over the old stuff. (Beats building the fence...so what, if the kids keep running out onto the road!) I haven't worked out how to navigate the site effieciently yet, which is why I have no photos attached, or philosophical quotes at the bottom of my signature yet. And sometimes the topic headings arent necessarily indicative off what's inside.

What am I writing this reply for??? oh yeah, Ernie

His home is on the corner of Kingston Road and Evergreen Ave. Not far from Logan Hyperdome Shopping Centre. Only 5 minutes off the GoldCoast Highway.

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/mapping/zoo...andId=1&level=2

Cant find his mobile at the moment, but I maybe down his way getting a photo copy of his workshop manual this weekend.

He is very easy going and if you dont try and screw him over he tends to give you extra stuff like for me I got the baby seat that was in the car, a timing belt, a rear spoiler and a 3 inch cat back exhaust.

3intheback -

thanks for that man...

i usually do alot more research before posting although as im wanting to buy one in the next few weeks i though i would fest track it a bit..

last thing i want is to have people anoyed having to answer questions for the millionth time.

thanks again for that contact mate definately come to some good use...

Ian

There is a dealer on Power Road in danadenong, he has a green stagea for sale in OK condition, S1. It was 17k last time i checked.

Also, there is this guy selling his. http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...howtopic=100357

Where in Melbourne are you?

Id swing for michaels car because, 16500 is a good price and i think he seems like a normal driver (not hoon)

Also, buy something before first sunday in Feb, FEB 8 and come along to the stagea meet at jells park.

AlexCim -

Power Rd ey? interesting....

when you say ok condition what do you mean??

i was basically hoping for one under say the 70 - 80 Km mark

im hoping to have it by at the latest the end of Jan so hopefully will be able to join in the cruise....

im in noble park mate , and you??

Ian

Forest Hill, uni at Monash Clayton.

Power Road one is a dark green one, not sure on KM but around that, but a few scruffs around the front/rear bar, bit dirty etc, but a good clean etc, will be good. The guy will repair the bars too before sale.

Go check it out.

Its 100% stock too.

Alex

Alex

i work on Burwood HWY right next to Mahoneys Rd across from the stadium.... would be sweet to see you ride man...

Do you remember what the place was called??

but in general the car looked ok??

ian

is your budget only under $20g or something as seems to be talked about coz it doesnt say it anywhere??

Coz my 63,000km series 2 is available for $23g ONO and already has a $750 alarm which you'd be up for from a yard and 18" rims... and yeah - price still negotiable. Would seem if you could squeeze an extra couple of grand out over what is being discussed above you could have my Series 2!! Only about $750 transport to Melbourne too Id reckon.

Heres the thread http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...topic=87843&hl=

Cheers

Adam

Adam -

Mate dont worry i have definately had a look at yours and why wife want me to by yours for me and Emanuels for her....LOL

definately nice from what i can see...which is not much but hey

as i was discussing with Alex and Emanuel yesterday, buying something from interstate is not an issue.... having it re-RWC and registered in VIC plus being an import i'm a little worried that there may be some issues which i can afford to have at the moment......

QLD is going to be the first place that i visit to shop around although now that i have heard that Perth have some good deals too then i wwould consider coming up....

because my wife is having baby no.2 in March i need it to be as smooth of a buy as possible so at this stage in looking in Melb but then will venture out

thanks for the heads up mate

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Will all

Looks like im a new member of this little family...

Got myself a stagea today....finally

Seems as though will be seeing some of you at the meet in a few weeks...

ALEX - need to get together soon and get some goodies in installed

http://image-cache.skylinesaustralia.com/f...-1136365289.jpg

http://image-cache.skylinesaustralia.com/f...-1135809444.jpg