SAU Community

Rim Width For A Laurel

darcey

Hey,

I recently completed a rear 5 stud conversion on my laurel and need to grab some new 5 stud rims. The front already 5 stud when the car arrived and has some 17inch, 8 inch wide -7 offset speedstars fitted

I had my eye on a pair of Drifttek rims but was wondering which rim width would be the best fit for the rear guards without having to flare them?

The rims all come in a +30 offset and are avaliable in 8 or 9inch wide...

cheers

Edited by darcey

i have works s1 on my car and the size on the rear is 17 x 9inch with plus 35 offset ....and thats probably pushing it for stock guards .....they will have to be rolled if i lowered it anymore .....they are pretty much flush with the guards

i take it ur front guards are flared or u have after markets guards to fit the - 7 offset? .........mine are 8inch with +30 offset and only just fit stock guards

Thanks for the info resin...Are you running a 215/45 tyre? Looking like the 8inch might be the safe way to go

The front guards have had a slight lipping to fit the rims and are running a shit load of camber...plus a 40 profile tyre

i have works s1 on my car and the size on the rear is 17 x 9inch with plus 35 offset ....and thats probably pushing it for stock guards .....they will have to be rolled if i lowered it anymore .....they are pretty much flush with the guards

i take it ur front guards are flared or u have after markets guards to fit the - 7 offset? .........mine are 8inch with +30 offset and only just fit stock guards

I used S14 hubs and R32 calipers/rotors...got the handbrake cables made to suit

cheers

hey dude just wondering wat you did for the rear 5 stud conversion did you just need 32 hubs calipers and rotors?

cheers lee

the rear is running 235/45's (federals which are wider tyres than others) and the front i have 215/45's (feds's aswell) the federals on the front look more like 225's of other tyre types.

this for a cefiro .......which should very similar to the laurel if not the same

Edited by Resin