SAU Community

Soon To Be Stagea Owner, Another One...

munchstagea

Hi guys,

I have been sliding a few post in over the last few weeks and thought it was about time I was a little less anonymous and introduce myself.

I am a soon to be Stagea owner after successfully purchasing a Black 97 RS Four V at auction in Japan last Thursday (Australia day, busy Japanese car of course) so hopefully I can post with a little more spring in my step and not feel like too much of pretender... This will be my first import and I have been waiting a very long time to get one! It will be a long road to get it here and on the road I am sure, even finding out today that the compliance shop I am going through is flat out and warning of delays already. I am happy to share the experience if anyone is interested?

I guess I can run a thread on it and you can just not read it if your not interested...

I am in Victoria, down on the Great Ocean Road so there has to be a coastal Stagea cruise once mine arrives, there is a relentless stream of Skylines and other imports most weekends passing by our place. Great spot for a winter cruise as summer is more traffic jam than cruise a lot of the time...

I'll post up some more info about the Staj once it is paid for and on it's way, I am sure I will bending quite a few ears for information around here when the time comes.

Happy to be a part of this little community and hope I can contribute.

Cheers

Luke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BLACK! I HATE YOU!

Ok, no, really, i just envy you :)

Good luck with it, i am sure it will all go well.

So i guess due to your location you wont attend the Melbourne meet this weekend?

Thanks Alex!!

Yeah my broker and I were shocked that I was able to score a nice Black one for the budget I had!

Yeah, won't be there this weekend, once I have the Staj I will make the effort though for sure, we do pull ourselves off the beach and head to Melbourne fairly often :)

Cheers

Luke

P.S. I won't mention the 18's or the kit... whoops I just did, sorry!

Sif you come to us Luke!!

I say a group cruise down to your place when u get it ... well at least your area of melb, then onto GOR!!! (and l have the perfect map too!! :) )

But great to hear you got that car ... now the worst bit comes, the agonising waiting & buying of car parts before u even have the car!! :lol:

BLACK! I HATE YOU!

Ok, no, really, i just envy you :ban:

Good luck with it, i am sure it will all go well.

So i guess due to your location you wont attend the Melbourne meet this weekend?

grrr <_<

I want Black

Come up to NSW, you know you want to :wacko:

Thanks guys, we actually live on the Ocean Raod about 25 minutes down past Torquay and 15 minutes from Lorne for anyone that knows the area...

I'll get some auction pics up soon so you can all share the blurry low-res vision I have of the car.

Cheers

Luke

Thanks guys, we actually live on the Ocean Raod about 25 minutes down past Torquay and 15 minutes from Lorne for anyone that knows the area...

I'll get some auction pics up soon so you can all share the blurry low-res vision I have of the car.

Cheers

Luke

How those pics coming :D

And just to add... I wanted a Black Stagea but was warned off by Ben. He said 7/10 times they would have major accident history, warrenting the color change. Good luck :D

where are those pics?

Here they are, not bad shots but the car is Black so hard to pick up too much:

blackstagea_front.jpg

blackstagea_rear.jpg

It was inspected prior to auction and found to be in really good condition and as far as I know the factory colour code can be found on a plate in the engine bay so it should be original. Time will tell I guess...

I may trying to find out the origin of the kit on the car, just for interests sake really, anyone have any ideas? I am looking through this list of sites: Stagea Kits

Cheers

Luke

Edit: shocking typos...

Edited by munchdesign

Looks nice. I like the color :D Basically all the black Stags I found at auction were 25g's or similar. Looking good dude :D

Yeah I wasn't looking at getting a Black one, just turned out that way. The day before I got this we missed out on a silver S2 by 25,000 Yen so I was looking pretty broadly I guess.

Luke

Oh and just to add... BUY SOME SEATCOVERS!! :D

No more Pics,

Car is locked down in Kiwi Car Carrier storage and too much trouble to get in and take any more...

Seat covers sound interesting, isn't the seat cover fabric glued to the foam on modern seats like those found in the Stagea? I think removing the old covers would not be easy if even possible???

Luke

No more Pics,

Car is locked down in Kiwi Car Carrier storage and too much trouble to get in and take any more...

Seat covers sound interesting, isn't the seat cover fabric glued to the foam on modern seats like those found in the Stagea? I think removing the old covers would not be easy if even possible???

Luke

I couldnt answer that for you. Not sure on that one, although it does sound correct. The actuall buying of the seatcovers will be done by Max (he is talking to suppliers today about the Stagea covers) and he will be answering all the queries we have.

Even if that is the case, what would be the problem with stitching them over the old covers?