Pioneer DEH-P8450 MP

Evil

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dazaaa

i have had one of these head decks for about 4 months now, and i am wondering has anyone had trouble with random?? it seems like it just keeps playing the same songs over and over again. i drove down to sydney from brisbane (11hr drive) and it drove me nuts playing the same songs, which is really bad when there is over 300 on the disk to choose from.

i use wma mainly. for anyone who has this deck use wma, u can get the same quality of a 128kbps mp3 just using 64kbps in wma (44,100 htz, 16bit stereo). that way all your songs are half the size, and u can fit twice as much on :burnout:

plz let me know fellow 8450 owners if u have had any troubles with random.

but apart from that, an awesome deck, heaps of features, and the lack of the auto scroll isn't that bad. the unit can display like 12 characters so for most songs u can see the whole title!

dazaaa i thought you only have a maximum of 255 tracks on an mp3 cd for this head unit (i think that's what i read). That might be why you are having trouble.

Guest dazaaa
Originally posted by Evil

dazaaa i thought you only have a maximum of 255 tracks on an mp3 cd for this head unit (i think that's what i read). That might be why you are having trouble.

i searched through the manual for the p8450MP and the only thing i could find to do with a number limit for mp3/wma playback was that 'it is possible to playback up to 253 folders on one disc' on the bottom of page 50. i couldn't find anything about a number limit for mp3 files. but u might have a point, i will try with less files on a disc

but it could just be a dodgy radom, i know the last head deck i had (a sony), its random was shocking (going through a 10 disc cd stacker). so who knows. let me know your thoughts!