SAU Community

Pioneer DEH-P8450 MP

Evil

i'm going to order this deck and the tsd (yellow & chrome ones)speakers aswell over the net through the guy on ebay, in a month or so, so be about 1000 alittle over all up will be happy as :P well thats the plan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The JVC's are a lot cheaper... There's a reason for that too. Have heard from a few places that they've had a lot returned. At least one of them was a reliable source. The rest of them were probably just typical salesmen, trying to make me pay almost double for the Pioneer deck. :sly:

I'm still happy with my purchase and have played with it a lot more since my last post. Figured out the cd-text thing. Was just my crappy old 8x SCSI burner..

yeah i know .. but lucky for jvc u get 3 years i think and its cheap!! :) ... so then u can just upgrade when it stuffs up ... anyways i like this pioneer too and i would get it ... if only it were like 400 bucks cheaper ...

• 2 weeks later...

I never got hit with import Tax or anything else.

The only thing I payed for was the unit and the shipping and that cost me $700 all up. Not to sure if I was just lucky or not.......

Motoquipe has the DEH-P8450MP for sale at the moment for $899

OR

Message mooks66 to see what price he could get it for you.

how did u guys get past import duties?? oh .. and how does import duties work?? do u have to pay import duties before u receive the goods? is that how its meant to work?? i'm looking to do the same thing as u guys ..

I'm not to sure how I got around it I was expecting it but it never happened. I think it might have been the way they worded the shipping slip........ But can't exactly remember sorry.

As for the paying for import duties before receiving the goods I'm pretty sure either the shipping company (Fed-Ex etc. etc.) pays for it and then bills you or customs bills you but still sends your goods through.

But don't quote me on that I could be wrong, does anyone else out there know for sure?

As long as the GST is less than $50 then you don't have to pay. So make sure that your total cost including shipping is not over $AU500. Also it's a hit and miss situation, I got a notice from custom when my MP3 arrived but for all the other items that I bought over the Net, I never had problems with custom.

Originally posted by hippy

a notice?? what do u mean??

As in please come down to custum and fill in these forms before we can release the item. In the past it just goes straight to the post office and I go and pick it up. But this time the guy who sold the 8450 to me declared it as $US650, which means that I had to pay GST, but I explained the situation to custom saying that it's 2nd hand and I bought it for less than $AU500. In the end they let me go without paying GST. In the future make sure that you ask the seller to declare it less than $AU500 if you don't want to get hassled by custom.