SAU Community

Saturday Arvo Sprints

Bobjones

Whose going???

Last one for the year, and hopefully not as hot as Tuesday 28th...

EVO Cam will be out there, well the car will, the co-driver will be stepping into the car for the first time since the build. Should be a good day!!

See you all there!!!

its dec 9 btw not 8 - and yeah ill be there!! :P

Im intrested, but have never been before.

Whats required?

as for racing what you _normally_ do is download this form:

http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/entry_...rints_entry.pdf

form from here:

http://www.queenslandraceway.com.au/

and send it in before thursday then you get it for $75 instead of $95...

you also need an ASAA license - which is $55 per year (no test but you need a normal license to get one)

Sorry guys meant the 9th, had started drinking when I wrote it!!

Was a good day. We were out in the grey Evo 8, with Motorsport Logic decals!!!

What happened to the s15 pop an intercooler hose, cause you got towed in???

Oh well have to wait until next year for the next round and hopefully some cooler times ahead!!

i was there in the red s15..

i think i met you zennon? breifly.

i managed a 58 that time!

did you get any photos???

adam

hey adam, haha yeah briefly :(

im afraid i was pretty slack with pics saturday...

forgot camera at home so got mom 'n dad to drop it off - lol

anyways this is the only one of yours i have:

post-31383-1165929652.jpg

ps. 58 is an awesome time!!! im jealous - love the s15's! woulda baught one if i had more cash

Consistent 59.4...this was the co drivers day out, mind you we detuned it for the day after heat issues emerged on the 28th of Nov, so it ws down about 30-40awkw, the main driver and owner runs mid 56...

Further it was the first time out with the car and being down on power these were good times, that and the syncros are going...

But we are havig brake issues that will be addressed before its next outing...

Edited by Bobjones

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• I definitely get the low power, sporty car to drive to smash gears but not be doing eleventy million miles an hour! It makes all the normal drives fun!   Rev match tune sounds like the funs! I didn't know the NC had a DBW throttle!   As for me, still have the Skyline, it still has the Barra in it. It's been pushed to the side of the workshop at the moment. Pretty much waiting on me finishing the wiring, and dropping new fuel lines in. Got myself an ACDC Tig end of last year so been teaching myself TIG welding to build a few things for the Skyline. The missus wrote off her GTB liberty at the end of last year, and got it back on salvage rights stupid cheap. It's also still registered, so will mean easier for me to take to the track already done most of the panel damage, just playing "clear the workshop" to make space to pull the motor and box out, fix some oil leaks, replace the clutch, and replace a few minor broken things.  Also got a Lathe at the start of the year, which is adding to the annoyance of no space, which is another reason I'm trying to build things to get more space, to get the Lathe back in a final home for it. It's a BIG lathe, can turn a 355mm diameter, and 1metre between centres... Got it at a steal! So between it and the TIG and old MIG welder, I'll be fabbing some fun little shit up But we've had a lot of shit stuff happening at home, so it's slow going getting things done. But one step at a time!
    • I love Catalunya.  Got a 1:54.632. The AMG is a hoot.
    • I hadn't got that far, my main worry was the connection to the actual calipers themselves. I'm just using new (ish) stock brake lines in the stock setup. I've just had a stud welded to the knuckle that is a little lower than the original stud (so my knuckles have two studs each side) to not have it be stretched so far in previous BBK setups, so the "block" (in the second picture) mounts a little lower for me and I hope I don't need to change anything. I may have even changed the connection to the calipers in the past and have since forgotten I did that. I may not have. Guess how I'm gonna find out. Source: hopium
    • It's more so I'm using the 1x piece line from HEL that goes from the body to the caliper. There's no middle block/mount like the HFM ones or the GKtech ones. There are certain angles/suspension compression where the line actually slightly contacts the ARB. Below of how mine sit (not my photo): How I want it:  
    • Oh I have mine all sitting in boxes ready to go, two sets of rotors, four sets of pads and caliper rebuild kits. They send a survey asking me if I had installed them months ago :p Grinder not necessary to fit the fronts, and not *really* for the rears. They have some good simple videos on how-to. I don't understand brake lines but from what I understand... somehow... OEM lines work, even though people say 350Z and 370Z use different banjo bolts, so it's possible 350'z had some different setup that Nissan changed to the 370Z/R33/R34 system? ....though are a little short, but past-me made a new bolt hole to bolt them to to reach my current fronts so I should be okay... maybe. In any case HFM don't sell any *different* line kits for R33/R34 front brakes than they do for the 370Z kits. So in my mind they must be compatible or they would have different products made to suit the different calipers. Please test and confirm for me kthx.