SAU Community

Odometer Malfunction

TUFF_350

Hi guys just got my R33 dream car, high grade, factory standard and runs like it has just left the dealership, low kms...or has it? To my disguist I had full inspection done by State Roads in Sydney (where the car is from)and all was well. Car arrives on truck to my house in Adel and when I take it for a cruise all of a sudden I notice trip computer and odometer are not ticking over :D evidence of roll back or is this a common problem when transporting etc?

I'd appreciate all opinions and thoughts guys cos I spent some major cash $21k in fact and if I've been taken for a ride, Consumer Affairs will be notified!

Hi guys just got my R33 dream car, high grade, factory standard and runs like it has just left the dealership, low kms...or has it? To my disguist I had full inspection done by State Roads in Sydney (where the car is from)and all was well. Car arrives on truck to my house in Adel and when I take it for a cruise all of a sudden I notice trip computer and odometer are not ticking over :D evidence of roll back or is this a common problem when transporting etc?

I'd appreciate all opinions and thoughts guys cos I spent some major cash $21k in fact and if I've been taken for a ride, Consumer Affairs will be notified!

Is it a fresh import?

Not too sure, dealer didn't say it was fresh stock and it got complianced as soon as I bought it.

Oh ok , Does the condition of the car match the kms? Like worn handbrake lever steering wheel etc ( i guess thats the only way to go by), Its very hard to say it could of been turned back here or in Japan, I asshume it has a std speedo.

I think most people accept that if you buy an import the kms would have likely been wound back. When I was getting my car inspected I asked the mechanic whether he thought the kms were genuine. He replied by saying that "anyone who believes imports have genuine kms still believes in Santa Claus." Not that this helps you much i guess...

Edited by ricsvtr

I think most people accept that if you buy an import the kms would have likely been wound back. When I was getting my car inspected I asked the mechanic whether he thought the kms were genuine. He replied by saying that "anyone who believes imports have genuine kms still believes in Santa Claus." Not that this helps you much i guess...

i got genuine log books since new :) cheering

Yea these are some fair points, well interior and engine show signs of a car around the 50,000km mark defintely. I think no matter how much of a pro detailer you are you couldn't get my car in the condition it is if in fact it had 150,000kms.

Only wear is on gear knob, everything else is spotless and I purposely bought the car in stock condition that way chances of being a drift car were reduced.