Hks Gt2530 Or Gt2540 For R33 Gtr?

ArenaGTR

25/30,s low lag 620bhp @ 1.5 bar @ 4000rpm

25/40 older design high lag. [email protected] bar@ 5000rpm

all rough figures. bernie.

for a road car 25/30,s now replaced with 2860-5

25/40 now replaced with either gt-rs,s or 2869-7

Edited by rockabilly

Ok, so what about HKS GT-RS and GT-SS? which is better again? and out of these four turbos, which one is the best out of them all? Cuz I am thinking of upgrading my turbo, but just dont know which one to go for.

GT2540 is just a bad turbo all round, far too much compressor for the turbine to handle.

GTRS is similar, but no where near as bad. Have a look in the forced induction section at other people's choices.

I have Gt2560r-9's, they are awesome building good boost from about 3000rpm, full boost/22psi by 4000rpm. It makes 308awkw at 5000rpm and peaks with 368awkw from 6500rpm and holds strong to redline. I will be putting it on the dyno on tuesday once the new gearbox is in to check it's tune before summer so i will post a dyno sheet.

I have Gt2560r-9's, they are awesome building good boost from about 3000rpm, full boost/22psi by 4000rpm. It makes 308awkw at 5000rpm and peaks with 368awkw from 6500rpm and holds strong to redline. I will be putting it on the dyno on tuesday once the new gearbox is in to check it's tune before summer so i will post a dyno sheet.

OOoooOooo! Vely nice~ How much~?

Which one is best? For what? You need to describe what the car will be used for & what you are looking for. Is it for a road, track,dyno or drag car? Are you chasing high kW at the expense of lag or do you want something that's responsive? How much are you willing to spend? What mods do you have already? Is the car running standard internals?

Check out this thread (as salad advised): http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t93880.html

There are heaps of threads on this in the Forced Induction section but don't start a new one without doing a search and some reading first or you will be either ignored or flamed. These charts may help (which were in the Forced Induction section and are discussed there).

Personally I went with HKS GTSS which are probably the best (along with N1 & Garrett GT2860R-7) for a street driven GTR but that lead to needing heaps more stuff and many, many more $.

post-19208-1194670448_thumb.jpg

post-19208-1194670516_thumb.jpg

Edited by writeoff

GT2560R-5 (707160) 1bar boost @ 4050rpm.

380rwkw pump fuel(BP98)

413rwkw jungle juice

707160-5 is actually a 2860 where as 707160-9 is a 2560 which are the same as i am running. How much boost are you running? Will post up my rwkw figures at 22psi on tuesday.

Edited by fieds83

Which one is best? For what? You need to describe what the car will be used for & what you are looking for. Is it for a road, track,dyno or drag car? Are you chasing high kW at the expense of lag or do you want something that's responsive? How much are you willing to spend? What mods do you have already? Is the car running standard internals?

Check out this thread (as salad advised): http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t93880.html

There are heaps of threads on this in the Forced Induction section but don't start a new one without doing a search and some reading first or you will be either ignored or flamed. These charts may help (which were in the Forced Induction section and are discussed there).

Personally I went with HKS GTSS which are probably the best (along with N1 & Garrett GT2860R-7) for a street driven GTR but that lead to needing heaps more stuff and many, many more $.

My title says it's for R33 GTR, a responsive 600hp @ engine street GTR, the car has got straight-thru exhaust and pods, putting power fc into it when I get it etc, and hopefully I won't need to touch the internals. Hopefully can get everything done for as little as 5000 or 6000AUD.

Hmm. Used to have 33 N1's(300RWKW), Then I put 2530's on my GTR. (stock innards with pomcams).

17psi@4800 to 8000+ =###rwkw

GTSS will get around at least 350RWKW with cams with lots of response.

GTRS will get around 400RWKW with supporting mods with stock bottom end and cams.

Just a rough guide.....

i got the usual mods like fmic (stock gtr one), exhaust, dumps, de cat, pfc, sbc i colour, pod filters, 700cc injectors, 044 fuel pump,hks cam gears, splitfires and an oil cooler, how much power should i expecting if i get N1's, GTRS, or GTSS?