SAU Community

D1 Grand Prix - Proffessional drift

Element

Well, why not drift aussie sedans? The later model hypo 6's and 8's are basically lineball on power, weight and size with the larger Jap sedans that are popular for drift over there. The smart wannabe drifter would look for an older XR6 or something, rather than all this "JDM" wannabe "I'm gonna build a full sick sileighty doriftor when I get my P's" nonsense.

I personally would love to hear some growling V8's and big cube NA sixes going hammer and tongs at sideways action at a drift meet, amongst all the SR's and RB-DET's.

cheers,

floody

Originally posted by summoner

i have seen japanese attempts at drifting on the Grip videos and well.. they are shithouse, they brought ina  D1 japanese drifter through trial.

I have seen better local stuff

you must have seen the n00bies. you need to see the good guys like TSUCHYIA and ORIDO they are the bomb they are the hostes for a video searies called Best Motoring. they are really good drifters.

Originally posted by nerces

you must have seen the n00bies. you need to see the good guys like TSUCHYIA and ORIDO they are the bomb they are the hostes for a video searies called Best Motoring. they are really good drifters.

Jap drifters are the best, I have seen a couple of good aussie drifters and one of them is Denso from japanese motorsports.

Get some of the HPI DVD's and they have a drift section on each dvd, #5 & 6 are pretty good.

• 1 month later...

What can i say? Drifting has always been here, but on a pathetic minute scale. The good thing is, its only going to get bigger. With more and more public interest its only a matter of time untill we get a proper event going...But who will start it? where will it be held?...Im in brisbane and all i can think about day and night is drifting...some would say im a dickhead for thinking of it so much....but its like a drug, and with any drug you can get addicted...and with addictions, people go to extreems to get what they want, weather it be drifting in industrial area's or on main roads near schools...its gonna keep happening and sooner or later there are going to be lots of throttle happy teenagers out there with cheap hot imports running over shit left right and center. WHAT CAN WE DO ABOUT THIS? We are the drivers, and we are the future of this sport... It needs a better reputation for a sport instead of just being thought of as "kids getting it sideways"

It's an half day thing with ard 20 cars lining up to dorift. Nothing to crash and all out to burn some rubbers!

check out boostcruising.com or nissansilvia.com under qld section

It's organized by Driftzone...go to driftzone.com or tyre select for more info.

I haven't got the chance to get a ps2 but still love the GT2 on seattle circuit, continously burning rubbers near 100% of track!!! Full mod s13 ca18, super hard suspension set up and some serious camber! I never really tested out which setup is the best but love the way it is now.

yeh i dont really know of any drifters near me...

i got a mate on ns.com wit an s14a we go to drift meets together....cant wait till i get my licence back...i have the helmet, the fireproof suit, and the proper racing shoes and gloves.......come on 24th november!!! "licence day" hehehe