SAU Community

Wed Night Drags Next Week - Anyone Going?

rev210

Just wondering if we have any of the SAU guys heading down to the plex this Wed?

I am heading down to help introduce a friend of the family to the right place to go racing either with his newly purchased R33 gtst or my bunky R32 GTR.

Be good to say g'day to any of our fellow skyline crew. :thumbsup:

Should be getting cooler as the evening sets in regardless, the forcast was for high 30's.

Will say g'day sidewayssam if I see you, I will either be there with a mate of mine and his R33 (blue colour with a large wing) helping him with his first time at the drags or in my bunky R32 GTR. The GTR is midnight purple with tiny stock R32 gtst rims and no wing.

i think its gunna be around 40, definitely no good for drags. I'm looking at going on the 9th with a few guys if interested (weather permitting)

Temp will drop down to mid/low 20's by the time you need it to. If you have traction issues then the lower power due to ambient temps being higher earlier in the night can help you get a handle on things before power jumps up later in the evening.

As a result some of my better times over the years on crappy street tyred cars have been done when the mercury has been in the mid to high 30's.

Edited by rev210

yeh usuall i drag dads ss and at the start of the night ill be runnin low 13s but when it really cools down at end of the night im usually in the mis 12s it will be interesting to see what the skyline runs tho, what kind of time do you guys run? im hoping for a mid to low 13sec

yeh usuall i drag dads ss and at the start of the night ill be runnin low 13s but when it really cools down at end of the night im usually in the mis 12s it will be interesting to see what the skyline runs tho, what kind of time do you guys run? im hoping for a mid to low 13sec

If you have some decent tyres (deflate the ones you have for better launch) then you should be into mid 12s pretty easy, I noticed you have the better part of 300rwhp.

yeah i'll might be there trying to hit a mid 14 with my mostly stock skyline i got a FMIC, exhaust and a pod, last time i went i got a 14.9 but with a 0.7 reaction time.

If the pod is unsheilded, it's probably part of the problem. reaction time doesn't effect your 1/4mile time by the way. Reaction time is the time it takes for you to break the beams after the green light. Once the beam is broken (ie: your car is moving forward) the time for you pass starts.

Your 60ft time is a good indication of how well you are launching, a 2.1 sec or better time is what you want to try and get.

Will try and say hello , what does your car look like?

Edited by rev210

hey mate,are you running mid 13 on stock turbo?

Edited by flake32

i havnt run the skyline yet, im hoping for a 13, nah its got a hks gt2540 turbo runnin at 14psi. ive heard that the gt2540 is a pretty crap turbo and wont really go any harder so im looking to change to maybe a kkr480 or sumthin

If the pod is unsheilded, it's probably part of the problem. reaction time doesn't effect your 1/4mile time by the way. Reaction time is the time it takes for you to break the beams after the green light. Once the beam is broken (ie: your car is moving forward) the time for you pass starts.

Your 60ft time is a good indication of how well you are launching, a 2.1 sec or better time is what you want to try and get.

Will try and say hello , what does your car look like?

oooo did not know that about the reaction times, my car is a red r33 gts looks pretty stock with stock rims, im gonna try to do some work to it over the holidays.

I did consistant low 13's years ago with an R33 gtst, not very hard. You can get into 12's if you run decent tyres.

That was with the stock turbo at 10psi / stock intercooler / stock ecu with a S-afc II /lightweight flywheel and turbo back exhaust. On tiny 205 stock sized tyres.

Edited by rev210

i havnt run the skyline yet, im hoping for a 13, nah its got a hks gt2540 turbo runnin at 14psi. ive heard that the gt2540 is a pretty crap turbo and wont really go any harder so im looking to change to maybe a kkr480 or sumthin

bro nuthing wrong with the hks,it might not make huge numbers but is responsive and good quality,ive been thinking about kkr myself but turbos that cheap?, there has to be sumthing wrong with them,if i spot your car tonight il come say hello,ps you wana sell 2540 let me know il slap it on my rb20,

I did consistant low 13's years ago with an R33 gtst, not very hard. You can get into 12's if you run decent tyres.

That was with the stock turbo at 10psi / stock intercooler / stock ecu with a S-afc II /lightweight flywheel and turbo back exhaust. On tiny 205 stock sized tyres.

my last car was r33 with the same mods,,and the best i got was 14.2,after like 10 runs,never tryd letting tyres down tho,might give that ago with my 32,ive noticed over the last couple of weeks most stockish r33s struggle to even get mid 14s,and most 32s are even slower than that,makes me scared to think my 32 might run a 15,no!

I'll probably head down in a couple of weeks to benchmark the 30+small turbo before my baby comes off the road for the GT35R install :)

I'd be hoping for a low 13! but who knows.. will be interesting to see what the 30 does with the 3.9 ratios..

Makes 245rwhp @ ~4600rpm on 12psi (full boost by 2200rpm).. anyone like to take a guess on what it might do down the 1/4?

Edited by bubba