SAU Community

Hello guys I need advice :)

To me the pillar looks twisted but its hard to tell in a pic. If it is thats not good right guys?

Even if it is only $8800 dont forget to factor in the cost of repairs. Can be quite expensive for a good job.

im not sure how much cars goes for over there in the US.

but if its dirt cheap for this one, Dont buy it to repair as it would be only good for parts!!! like they said "just another wreck"

ron

if you can i'd be getting them to take that freont quarter panel off to see exactly how much damage is on that A pillar, if visable sign of dent/ movement along that line, should be ok, looks like something went over the bonnet, or car went under something!!

I'd be checking the struts with a level and tape measure to see if its been pushed down at all!!!

good luck with it though

Good Luck.

You guys have no idea how hard it is to get Skylines imported into the USA... :rolleyes:

Full LHD Conversion, and basically there outlawed on the road, except if you go through a special process, similar to the SEV's law we have here :D

Originally posted by nerces

well there is a company called MOTOREX out here that imports Skylines and gets them registered in the US im going to go to them on the registration thing...

have u already spoken to Motorex? i think they charge a small fortune to do this!

taken from their site:

"In order to import the vehicle to the US legally it must be imported though Motorex,Inc. .The cost for us to legalize a car for you varies from $16,000 - $25,000 depending on the year of the vehicle. This does not include shipping , bonds ,tarriffs , custom brokerage fee , and associated shipping fees._

_The additional cost varies as the bond cost (450% of the value of the vehicle) , and tarriff cost(2.5% of the value of the vehicle) varies with the value of the vehicle , also shipping can be roll on/roll off or container. Expect the other costs to be $4000 - $5000 ."

haha yeah i know... the guy that im going to for the car imports cars from Japan as "parts" cars he pulls the engine in japan and reinstalls them over here in the USA, i havent recived a email from motorex yet... i also emailed the guy with the GTR to maybe take off the front fender to see that pillar, he has not replied either... BAH im getting kinda irratated lol. how much does it cost for a 1994 GTR over in the "down under" ? maybe i could convince him to look for one over there thats not in bad condition. he also brings really nice perfect cars over but he said that the tarrif's have gottin really high over the last year so he is going to wait untill they get low again. well thanks for all the feedback guys its really helpfull :(