SAU Community

Need Guidance Taking R34 Weathershields Off....

I am wanting to take the weathershield off dat is on both the passengers window and drivers windowaround the top you kno wat i mean =P, bt anyway i WAS going to do it today bt had a look around it and it seems az if i did take it off there would be a gap where the weathershield was. Sorry if its a bit of a noobish question bt after all i still am a noob :D , so yeah basically has any1 taken theirs of b4? if so how? would be thankful heaps :P

cheers in advance :D

Alex

I am wanting to take the weathershield off dat is on both the passengers window and drivers windowaround the top you kno wat i mean =P, bt anyway i WAS going to do it today bt had a look around it and it seems az if i did take it off there would be a gap where the weathershield was. Sorry if its a bit of a noobish question bt after all i still am a noob :) , so yeah basically has any1 taken theirs of b4? if so how? would be thankful heaps :teehee:

cheers in advance :)

Alex

Just rip it off. Its glued on with a pretty strong double sided tape. There r a couple of clips along the way so just watch out for them. Hard part was getting the remaining glue off. I used a plastic scraper(one i used to do sum plastering of the wall with) u can get em cheap from Bunnings. Also had to use sum `Goo off' or similar glue disolving product(also from Bunnings) to remove the reamining glue.

Only thing is the Goo Off left the rubber seal around the door a lil on the matt side. The ones around the quarter window is a gloss black n the one around my door is now a matt black. I think the Goo off kinda dissolve the surface of the rubber a lil. Car looks way better without the shields but up close the rubber seal doesn't look as appealing but its a minor cosmetic thing, depends how fussy u r with ur car.

Just rip it off. Its glued on with a pretty strong double sided tape. There r a couple of clips along the way so just watch out for them. Hard part was getting the remaining glue off. I used a plastic scraper(one i used to do sum plastering of the wall with) u can get em cheap from Bunnings. Also had to use sum `Goo off' or similar glue disolving product(also from Bunnings) to remove the reamining glue.

Only thing is the Goo Off left the rubber seal around the door a lil on the matt side. The ones around the quarter window is a gloss black n the one around my door is now a matt black. I think the Goo off kinda dissolve the surface of the rubber a lil. Car looks way better without the shields but up close the rubber seal doesn't look as appealing but its a minor cosmetic thing, depends how fussy u r with ur car.

true, thanx

i have heard tho that rain seeps down and into the actual car if u remove the weathershield, is this true or not? after hearing a couple stories i might nt take it off and ill just tint it black so it goes kinda better with the car than this crappy brownish colour...lol

yeah rip em off i did that to mine. then after you do you might have this sticky, or rubber stuff stuck still. i took my time taknig mine off so i got it all off, just be careful when you pull them out the rubber trim is bound to cmoe out of place a little bit but easy fix

true, thanx

i have heard tho that rain seeps down and into the actual car if u remove the weathershield, is this true or not? after hearing a couple stories i might nt take it off and ill just tint it black so it goes kinda better with the car than this crappy brownish colour...lol

Nuh no issues with rain seeping in. The weather shield is not factory std so rain shouldnt be seeping in. Who drives with their window down when its rainin anyway? lol...

Nuh no issues with rain seeping in. The weather shield is not factory std so rain shouldnt be seeping in. Who drives with their window down when its rainin anyway? lol...

yeah might give it a go dis w/e, bt ive looked at mine and it seems if i did take the weathershield off the rubber trim around it will like have a gap between the actual rubber trim and the roof, can u then jus push in the rubber trim in then so the gap wont be there? if ya kno wat i mean, sorry if i keep asking i just wanna make 100% sure i get it right the first time and properly at dat, oh yea good point at bout the windows down lol would be a strange sight...