SAU Community

My Skyrine

Yeah the low/mid range on them is fking awesome, I could floor it in second in the wet and it'd hit full boost at 2500 revs and just crab down the road. All it had was soft as Tein Type NAs, Cusco sway bars, cooler, exhaust, brutal Cusco clutch and a massive alloy rad.

Some of the pro SA drift guys passengered with me for a few laps at the drift school and they couldn't believe how much torque it had. Around the back hairpin I'd be feathering it in 2nd with the speedo reading about 40-50ish (maybe 3000 rpm) then squeeze the throttle on the exit and the needle would swing out to 120 like it's nothing.

Aussie ended up swapping the 81 and cressy for it he liked it that much :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping to see this thing with a new set of kicks :)

Please PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePl

asePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleas

Sell me your C piller trim :(

Wooo she's back :D

Got the bumper sitting ok and bashed the left rear out as best I could and threw it all together and this is what I ended up with:

image000cy9.jpg

image008cx2.jpg

image009vq5.jpg

Ghetto fabulous :D

Needs a few little things as a result of sitting for so long, but overall it's pretty much back to a driveable state, although I'll be keeping a very low profile.

Ok interim wheel setup has fallen over slighty, teh centre bore on my Watanabes don't fit over the hubcentric bit on the spacers :D Good news is, they fit my other fronts, so I'm going to fit the stage 1 front set up and throw the BBS on the back for the time being :/

I have test fitted the SSRs on the front and all I can say is my predictions were spot on. 8j +20 with a 20mm spacer to make 8j +0, they hang out of the guards by a few cm, and clear the brakes perfectly - exactly what I ws after :D :D

I'll post pics later this arvo :)

Pictars as promised. The more I look at this the more I think I should keep it :)

s5003332py7.jpg

s5003336qy2.jpg

s5003338rg8.jpg

And the obligatory fitment shots :)

s5003335ni2.jpg

s5003334rs1.jpg

Pretty stoked with how it's looking. When the 16 x 9s rock up I'll put them on the back and play with the height (and put the lip back on) and it should look pretty fking tough.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, it's been a long time coming (you get that with sea mail) but finally, the wheel set up is complete. For the technically minded, the specs are as follows:

Front

16 x 8j +20 (with a 20mm spacer effecting an offset of 0) running a 205/45 tyre with ~3.5 * camber

Rear

16 x 9j +13 running a 205/50 with ~3* camber.

Now on the interesting bit...

PICS :(

s5003358trhrttz4.jpg

s5003363frwiuhph9.jpg

Yeah I took it off after I went for a short drive and had to try and avoid those little reflective thingys for fear of ripping it off :(

Got a short vid of it cruising along with the lip and all and fk me it looks sooo tough (also got a vid of me busting a quick handbrake U turn in the main street, and it looked fking cool doing that too :D)

I went an took a few more pics today, as tomorrow she goes in to get some shit done (cradle bushes and lock spacers) and I'm putting the stockies back on and raising it to a ridiculous height so I can cruise around without fear of getting done :ermm:

s5003392on9.th.jpgthpix.gif

s5003394ri3.th.jpgthpix.gif

s5003398hz1.th.jpgthpix.gif

s5003406kr6.th.jpgthpix.gif

s5003410pk0.th.jpgthpix.gif

s5003409uu1.th.jpgthpix.gif

Edited by AndrewJZX100

• 1 month later...

Well, it's back to looking stockish now. R33 stockies, a smidge below standard height, looks pretty lame :P

Good thing though is it slides better than it did before :) got alloy cradle bushes put in and steering lock spacers. The cradle bushes mean it now spins up instantly instead of jerking around and the extra lock means I can use the throttle to play with rear grip and keep it in check/bring it back instead of hitting the end of the rack and having to spin to stop.

Also MUCH better for busting quick Ueys from a stand still :wub: :wub:

Will hopefully get a tune and service in the near future as I might be getting a new job which will require me to do some kays in it.