SAU Community

Stagea Cruise/meet

chef_stagea

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone think of organising a Stagea showing at AutoSalon this weekend? Although with this weather it would be hard to get your car there in show room condition...

I was keen to get my stag in with the group entry, but that didn't happen.

I'm still up for the cruise :P

hmm at $100 per 330km x 20+ Stageas... would not want to be to far off the beaten track!

330km? :P Thats 100km less than what I'm getting ... plus I can fill up for about $85-$90.

So what are the final details for this cruise? I think you saw my car outside the AutoSalon the other day and SMS me about the cruise!? :worship:

So have to sell my Stag now though - I saw an awesome black one coming towards me on Fullurton road today and when it got near it was a 50 something granny driving it!! NOOOOO! The volvo drivers have invaded the stagea owners club! :P

So what are the final details for this cruise? I think you saw my car outside the AutoSalon the other day and SMS me about the cruise!?

Cruise details will be pm'ed out closer to the cruise date dude. And yes adam and I did see your car and bothed stopped for quick squiz... Why are you selling may i ask?

Cruise details will be pm'ed out closer to the cruise date dude. And yes adam and I did see your car and bothed stopped for quick squiz... Why are you selling may i ask?

Decided that whilst my kit is awesome (I think so anyway) it is not practical for a family car (I have 2 kids) and I was not expecting the car to be so low when I bought it (even when I adjust the TEIN suspension to full height... and added spacers...). I used to own a FTO GPX that was fully lowered and eventually you get sick of driving up driveways at 45 degrees to avoid scraping your kit.

And with side skirts never quite knowing if a speed hump is going to be to high... I am getting to old for that sort of stress! :worship:

Love the car though. I Drove my wife's 2003 Vectra CDXi over the last few days (I just bought it for her) - which is the top of the range vectra for that year, and I must say - when I got back into my stagea - I so liked it more! :P The only thing the Vectra won out with was it has heated seats!

Either way - as mentioned I have a couple of V35 skylines landing soon - and although they are not entirely what my wife had in mind for a family car (as in they are coupes) and not entirely practical.... they are at least 100% stock so have none of the clearance issues, and as I mostly just drive to and from work... there really is no need for me to be lugging an almost 1.7 tonne car back and forwards...

Must say though I have seen a few of these V35 in the flesh since I commited to importing mine - and I am not 100% impressed - stubby chunky things... in real life...

Not sure which I will keep, if either - may just let fate decide - put them both up for sale and keep which ever does not sell first (the wife thinks I am planning to sell both! ;) kind of why I bought her the vectra (to shut her up)). That said I am pineing for another black car so may end up selling them both and going for something in black (bitch to keep clean but they looks so sweet when they have had a shine!).

Anyway enough dribble - Did you guys see that Matt black R34 facelifted Stagea at the AutoSalon??

F'n awesome! Did you invite the owner to the cruise?

Edited by ShadowKnyght

So you just bought the Stagea and you're selling it almost straight away? :worship:

I saw the matt black stag at the Auto Salon. I was thinking of respraying my stag that colour, but now I've seen that colour on a stag in the flesh, I don't care for it much. I'm going to toy with the idea of satin black ... or maybe keep my stag black but put a blue/white pearl over the top?

Meh, food for thought.

:P

No I have had her for around 12 months now!

Yeah as to the Matt thing - I think it is a novelty that looks ok now because it is different. But after a while - well it is matt - it is never going to look as good as a high gloss paint job! Possibly easier to touch up paint though?

Sorry mate, must have you confused with someone else who just bought a Stagea.

But still ... dont' let her go! ;)

Edited by RubyRS4

bilstein shocks, stock springs, lowering circlips

350mm centre wheel to middle wheelarch, all 4 corners

hard as, perfect for street with wife and 2 kids, or Hills for a solo run

keep the car, looks nice, just swap the suspension for bilstein springs / lowering circlips from SK group buy

Sunday 24th still ??

Shadow night,

Believe I spotted you TWICE today... ??I was in the silver stag (on my way to tune at boostworx) and you waved the first passing and the 2nd pass at about 1pm on same road just we had both switched directions.. dono if you noticed me thou. Was it you?

This still right yeah?

Yep.

Damn, just realised, I was meant to spend this weekend installing a new server system at work and wiping and reinstalling all the workstations! That got moved to next weekend. :) I'll do my best to be there and get all the work out of the way on Saturday.