SAU Community

Opinions ?

gebba54

hey guys, went to Heasmans this morning to get bilsteins for the stagea. They guy there said they recommend the R32 f gtr r gts-t.

Had it written down in his book and said they had fitted quite a few. Seeing there the Aus distributors of Bilstein I figured he'd know what he was talking about.

Does anyone know the difference between the r32 and r34 shocks.

ALSO, asked about the valving and he said he'd be suprised if you could tell the difference.

Just wanted to make sure there ok before I put them in the car (98 s2)

cheers

Yep, I'd trust Heasemans - I believe Sydneykid (Gary Cook) worked with them in setting up the kits for Stageas, Skylines, and the Silvia/180SX/200SX ranges.

The SK kit now uses R32 GTR valving for the front, but the rear is stiffer than R33 due to the extra weight the Stagea carries.

It really depends on where you are and how far you want to travel. If you're out West, give Gary a call at Superior Suspension (they're in Minto), but if you're closer to the city, then Heasemans are the go.

i'm pretty sure Gary has recently moved on.

thanks guys, yeah I tried Gary, sent an email to superior suspension but no reply...I double checked the part no's and the rears are r33's its only the fronts that are r32, so they could be correct then. I flicked Heasmans a quick email just to double check the part no' but the guy at the counter seemed pretty confident they were the right ones.

Are r32 and r33 (GTR) front shocks the same externally??

I'm thinking that maybe the valving of the r32 shock is better suited to the stagea if thats the case?

R33 doesnt give enough travel

Matt told me they use R32 GTR front and R33 GTST rear with stock valving, only re-valve for eibachs... If you speak to gary ask where the rest of my refund is!!!

GO to heasmans, ask for R32GTR front, 33GTST rear shocks with Gary Cooks valving to suit stagea,... as i think that their eibach valving would be good or most aftermarket springs as standard valving is shitful