SAU Community

Styln

STYLN

R34 GTT - 4 door as i said in my intro thread bought as a daily for me n the family.

Heres my new ride at home on Saturday 4th April

04042009082.jpg

04042009083.jpg

04042009081.jpg

Before picking her up

04042009113.jpg

4971757.jpg

4971769.jpg

4971775.jpg

4971781.jpg

the image that sold me

vvv

4971760.jpg

For the specs.

1998 R34 GTT 4 Door Skyline

58,000km's

2.5L turbo, 4 speed tiptronic auto with steering wheel paddle shift

Air Con, Power Windows, Mirrors, Power Steer, UV Cut Tint glass, the usual mod cons

Stock setup with stock boost, unmodded, bought from first aussie owner. This was his family cruiser so it rarely saw abuse and on first drive i could tell. Its like new to drive...

MODS

17" Rays Racing Wheels wrapped in Potenza Tyres

Eibach adjustable coilover suspension

3" stainless steel exhaust cat back i think

INTERIOR

Kenwood speaker upgrades

Turbo Timer

Alarm system

Factory Skyline floor mats

All original guages work etc

Here it is as of today:

16042009119.jpg

16042009117.jpg

Upgrades:

Already bought a new stereo as the fm capped at 90 pissed me off hard. Our stations are above 100 up here. got an alpine head deck with iphone connection, usb etc etc, the skyline dash surround and tray for above it. The cable for aerial too. Just gotta get pro sound up here to fit her up for me. I was going to do it myself but i honestly cant be f'd for the $77 it'll cost me to install it i'd rather suck a beer that arvo instead of fiddling with wires...

Bodykit is ordered. Im awaiting its delivery any day. I got the bomex front bar, a modified bomex rear bar for 4 door application, and a set of modified gtr skirts. Bonnet arrives today - carbon of course.

Nissan-R34-TopSecret-Bomex-Frontbar.jpg

Nissan-R34-TopSecret-Bomex-Rearbar.jpg

r34-side-skirts-j.gif

r34bxcbonnet.jpg

r34bxcbonnet2.jpg

Once its painted and fitted that may do me for a while. See how the bug hits me. im already keen on changing tail lights for the gtr version thats for sure so im sure knowing me it'll be a matter of time before it gets out of hand...

rob at fibrecrazy.com is hookin it up to be delivered any day.

Thanks man i appreciate the support! seems my intro thread may have gotten me off on the wrong foot perhaps??? LOL

that custom rear bar is proving a little more difficult than they had expected, so its arriving this thursday by the looks of it.

The bonnet should arrive tomorrow, so i'll have it on for the weekend, but the kit will have to wait. Two to 3 weeks i'll have it painted n fitted. Gives me time to get the stereo in and think about my colour more. Im considering a full respray in something much brighter, but im not sure. gotta consult the funds once i sell the original bonnet and bumpers plus k-rud helps me out etc etc...

Fair enough.hope that all goes well. what sound system you getting?

How did u get in contact with fibrecrazy did u go to their store or something?

i really like the bomex but the 4 doors are poo to get body kits for lol

Fair enough.hope that all goes well. what sound system you getting?

How did u get in contact with fibrecrazy did u go to their store or something?

i really like the bomex but the 4 doors are poo to get body kits for lol

Mate i just found their site while googling and rang em up. Spoke to rob n boom its on its way. Should arrive today or tomorrow at last check as its definately been dispatched.

UPDATE:

Sounds

I got for $490 total the Alpine deck below, the tray, the r34 aerial adaptor, the iphone aux cord, and the skyline dash surrounds. Newcastle Pro Sound had a sweet deal on this deck so they sold out in days...

18042009121.jpg

18042009120.jpg

CF bonnet

arrived yesterday and i put her on post haste! I had some troubles with the latch as the hook seems to have been cast about 4-5mm too high for the factory bonnet latch but some minor extension of the bonnet release mechanism bracket had that fixed easy as. Pics to show what i mean with the hook part on the bonnet. No bonnet pins for me thanks...

22042009129.jpg

22042009130.jpg

She sits a tad proud at the rear to assist in heat flow out the back of the bonnet im guessing, which was a little dissapointing but otherwise im stoked with the look.

23042009133.jpg

23042009134.jpg

Old Bonnet - For sale

I'll be selling the old bonnet for anyone who might be interested.

23042009131.jpg

23042009132.jpg

Edited by STYLN

looks really good man :)

you getting subs/speakers or just the using the deck?

just a deck for now mate. I wanna stick family car style for a while, but i have my eye on the shelf in the boot for amps and the side areas for subs for sure. It just screams pimp my boot when you open it and see the cavities up back and on each side! For now as i say im stayin strictly simple. Its already got kenwood speakers all round as i understand it previously upgraded, so it should satisfy me for some time.

bonnet looks good man

looks like its well made to

yeah i thought so too. The make isnt bad, got a few issues like latch and a blend line i can see but given the agressive venting im not surprised its across that area. I had carbon fibre hood on my last ride but its was an early prototype of the boss bonnet by AWC so its quality was pretty average. They got it so dialled after a few as i later saw on other rides...

I LOVE 4 door 34's.. thy are teh sexs!

I whole heartedly agree! different, classy and quite stylish i rekon.

Mate was awesome to meet you on the weekend. Car looks incredible in the flesh!

Likewise mate! Thanks very much! For me its way to standard looking and i was very much wishing i had my kit but it did polish up nice n was lookin pretty glam...Hopefully next time we meet up it will be lookin even better!

UPDATE

the kit distributor fibrecrazy.com has had trouble with the supplier which has further delayed another week or two. No matter its definately on its way. He already has an SAU member keen to order and based on the interest so far, is looking to get a better connection with the supplier to get in a bunch at once. The kit will sell like hotcakes im sure. I mean who wouldnt jump on a full kit for a 4 door r34 for $1400

laughn!!! :(

Take something slightly different to the average or enhance what you already have a little more i say. The bets bit is Fibrecrazy didnt need help in knowing what i wanted and had just the kit in mind although so far not sold to market.

this is how it went with my ute too...I'll explain with some pics. The custom kit i had on my ute was:

l_4162a88aeb3cae7dd53595eef2a03c1b.jpg

l_52c98ef26106c03fef1372c3778a3107.jpg

Front bar - the xt light conversion (ie stock headlights not xr6 type) on the BF GTP front bar. First time with that bar and in white it really showed a tuff look. The manufacturer went on to sell heaps of these and i now see many getting around. Dont get me wrong it was the suppliers idea to combine bf with xt conversion, i was just the first to say yes to it when others were scared it would look shit and followed the crowd.

Side skirts - stock Pursuit ute skirts nothin over the top matched the lines better. Others werent getting skirts or rear bars, instead opting for the snow plow look. The skirts really took it down despite having not lowered it and brought the whole car together.

l_fd17e9a1c31047c60ebad7b279762efa.jpg

l_aee5c22bf0e1be6edcaa162d6aced791.jpg

Rear bar - the supplier bar had the centred plate (he was the only guy doing it) for a quad pipe exhaust setup. He kept the single reverse light on the right as normal and didnt do towbars. Only a few guys had fitted this bar as most prefferred to copy the fpv replica style, or used thsi with only pea shooter zorsts etc. At the time it wasnt really in having dual exhausts on any car other than v8's. I went boldly with quad 3 inch dump tips, had the extra reverse light added and insisted on the tow bar hole. It gave it practicality, but the highly symmetrical but tough look really complemented it. Since then all quad pipe rear bars come with optional second light.

I know toot my own horn blah blah.. But its simple really, why follow the croud fitting the same thing your mate fitted when you can make your own statement??? after that people who follow only serve to compliment that you made the right choice...

Edited by STYLN

hi! where did you get the custom rear bar for the sedan from?

or

who customize it for you?

i want a rear bar but they all come in 2 doors . want to get a cwest one but it might not fit.

Thanks

mate fibrecrazy.com

I think the reason for the delay on mine may be that they are copying for a mould to make more. Not sure, but its about another 2 weeks away. Im told i'll be first in oz with it, so thats great until he sell more LOL.

Anyway, talk to rob at fibrecrazy.com, and let him know what your running up front and see what options he can cook up. Its obvious theres a market for 4 door kits in oz, so hopefully he'll track you one down.

WOOP THE DAY HAS ARRIVED! Rob hand delivered in person last night for me about 10pm. It's the first and mine of course will be the trial fit. Once it's fitted and painted they'll copy off mine so anyone who buys future kits get perfect bolt up fit and no filing or modifications.

VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS!!!

Sideskirts - Startcurved and square up towards the back (stretched gtr style)

19052009177.jpg

Rear bar - full wrap around with bomex style look to match in with the bomex front bar. I call it the STYLIN kit hahahahaha

19052009175.jpg

19052009176.jpg

So what you think??? I'm stoked! Unlike the east bear the rear section is one whole bar and its not as plain as the uras, totally suiting my needs. Rekon Rob is going to sell quite a few of these puppies. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey mate,

Nice kit. Currently got the standard kit/lip-section. Get thems pix up asap as im chasing a diff look for mine.

Gotta luv the 4d0orz!