SAU Community

Camp Quality Charity Cruise - Newcastle To Port Macquarie

STYLN

You are invited to join the guys from NewcastleDNA.com their first annual charity cruise to Flynn's Beach, Port Macquarie on 14th June. Proudly supporting Camp Quality, we will be collecting gold coin donations at the end point. Each year the venue will change but the charity will not, if the first proves successful.

The Sydney people wll meet at Thornleigh Maccas ( 218/226 Pennant Hills Rd

Thornleigh ) at 8am for 8.15 leave icon_razz.gif sorry its early guys and girls and cruise to meet the rest of the group at Hexham Maccas icon_razz.gif

The Newcastle people will be at Hexham McDonalds from 10am to 10.30am - planning to hit the road at 10.30am.

Following meet-up at the Macca's we will head up the Pacific Highway, take a quick break at the Taree Service Centre (approximately 12pm) if needed (this is also an opportunity for people from the Forster or Taree cruising groups to meet up with our group), then continue on.

We are aiming to be at Flynn's Beach (there is a reserve on Pacific Drive near the Surf Lifesaving Club) between 1 and 2pm.

Families are welcome. There are BBQ facilities and a kiosk at our end point.

CLUBS AND FORUM GROUPS

It is intended that the forums will manage and travel in their own groups. IF you so choose you may head straight to destination, however the group cruise is preferred. Behaviour is expected to be tip top and DNA will accept no responsibility for dickheads. You will only bring a bad name onto the forum or club you represent. Please come along enjoy the day and help make a difference to kids like these...

Camp Quality

Any questions contact:

Goddess on [email protected]

or check

www.newcastledna.com for details.

Maps icon_razz.gif

sydtohexham.jpg

hexhamtoflynns.jpg

Hope to see some great cars from Newcastle, Central Coast and Sydney in attendance.

This is a nice thought especially for the kids and its well away from sydney which is great.

I will try to get to it but ive got a feeling my car will be attending the bodyshop about that time. Nice work for the idea!

for those interested in passing the word flyer is available

post-61816-1244083728_thumb.jpg

lookin forward to it should be good fun. Hope the weather pulls up nicely for us.

Cruise is still happening guys n girls. Weather is looking like being a fine 21°c in Port Macquarie and a 19°c in Newcastle.

Camp quality girls are coming along to collect funds and enjoy the day too, so it should be a great day out. Cant wait...

Hope to see some of you there!

Cruise is still happening guys n girls. Weather is looking like being a fine 21°c in Port Macquarie and a 19°c in Newcastle.

Camp quality girls are coming along to collect funds and enjoy the day too, so it should be a great day out. Cant wait...

Hope to see some of you there!

Well cruise was good and although im not aware of any SAU members attending there were a few skylines made it along.

Myself in the r34 4 door from Newcastle,

an r33 4 door and an r32 both from Taree

and an r33 from Port

Next years destination will be Sydney North and the year after Dubbo or Muswellbrook, then back to Port the year after if all goes well.

Some wrap up pics below for those who are interested.

The Taree crew were ready and waiting at the service centre, though we lost a few on the way...LOL

Here's the head turning camry. Nice guy for sure...

P6120006.jpg

The skylines i missed the chance to get a pic of as with the commodore wagon, 180sx and others that came along

The datto and the capri stole the show for me. I really enjoyed seeing them. Clean and done well for sure...

P6120007.jpg

P6120011.jpg

P6120013.jpg

P6120014.jpg

At the two destinations we stopped at

P6120001.jpg

P6120003.jpg

P6120004.jpg

P6120009.jpg

P6120008.jpg

Deans galant with commodore 3.8L efi

P6120005.jpg

our moderator Amber working hard

P6120012.jpg

The port crew came down to check out what we were up to... Some hot rides up there for sure and these were the few that stopped in

P6120016.jpg

P6120018.jpg

P6120019.jpg

P6120022.jpg

P6120021.jpg

P6120023.jpg

P6120024.jpg

P6120025.jpg

P6120015.jpg

P6120020.jpg

A lovely old couple enjoyed lunch on the beach and cruise that day obviously and though none of us had noticed the car until they left, it certainly turned our heads. An original spec (with era mags) Ford Cortina...

P6120026.jpg

Edited by STYLN

• Latest Posts

• Ha ha ha, I read that he had it based on brownie points so knew it wasn't going to be sold   I also am only shit stirring on buying, while they'd all be great cars, I don't need more, I actually sold one a few weeks ago. And immediately bought more tools...
    • I thought you might have asked about the Honda, but as the boy just wrote off his Patrol, and was trying to find a cheap daily to get by with, I decided to give the Honda to him
    • Axle back, new thermostat and coolant bottle arrived from MX5 Mania, I'm still waiting for Super Cheap to get back to me with my order, once I get everything in my hands I'll take some leave and "play", starting with serving and fitting parts, then detail I honestly think this is the most fun part about getting a new old car
    • In roughly 6 to 9 months time, what mods will you have done, and how much can I buy the car for?
    • I haven't been able to try a coppermix twin but I tried a 997.2 Turbo 6MT the other day with a single plate organic clutch that had all the springs removed so it's "for race use" and a stronger pressure plate. Absolutely miserable to drive. I couldn't feel the pressure plate weight because the pedal has hydraulic assist from the power steering pump but the slip point felt like I had to flex my big toe to control it because it was so sensitive. The clutch also shuddered horribly at the slip point. My best guess looking at the previous owner documentation is they tried to resurface the dual mass flywheel due to supply chain issues + used a stupid clutch with no marcel springs or any of the usual tricks that trade burst strength for driveability. I ordered the coppermix twin. Once it gets here I'll try to figure out whether to shop this job out to a local mechanic I can trust or try to DIY it.