SAU Community

Hicas Lockbar & Pits

Magic

Hey guys, I Got to take my car over the pits next week because of the wing I had on it. took the spoiler off now. But the car has to get a full check.

I got a HICAS lockbar installed, so the HICAS light is always lit, is this going to be an issue with the inspection? Also, should I replace my CHina HID kit too?

Cheers :action-smiley-069:

Swap the HID kit if it doesn't conform (cleaning/levelling), pull the HICAS warning globe.

I thought about pulling the HICAS warning globe out but don't all the lights on the dash need to light up as one of the requirements? As for the lights, I might buy some bright Halogen globes and ditch the HID kit, I'm gettin sick of ppl flashin me with their high beam thinking I have mine on. This is my first yellow but these are the only 2 things I'm unsure about.

lights are supposed to ocme on but sometimes you dont have the option which causes the light to come on if you get me.

I have a light that doesnt light up, but thats because its for something my car doesnt have.

Thanks for the reply Greg, but I dont think you're following what my scenario is though. :action-smiley-069:

I need to know if a) pulling the fuse out is legal and will pass inspection and b) if the lockbar itself is going to pass inspection.

I thought about pulling the HICAS warning globe out but don't all the lights on the dash need to light up as one of the requirements? As for the lights, I might buy some bright Halogen globes and ditch the HID kit, I'm gettin sick of ppl flashin me with their high beam thinking I have mine on. This is my first yellow but these are the only 2 things I'm unsure about.

Pull the globe man. If it doesn't pass (It won't be because of the globe, plead ignorance) it'll be because of the lock bar. It's worth a shot.

HID's are overrated in my opinion. Some love them, some don't. There's nothing wrong with the stock lights.

There was a thread on here not so long ago about the legalities of lock bars, and we came you the conclusion they're legal. The only hold your rear wheels straight which is a gold thing!

Pulling the globe won't do anything but stop the HICAS light from coming on. None of the globes are interconnected.

The HIDs will be illegal so swap them out. If you don't want them any more, I might be interested.

Have you checked the car for everything else? All lights work, no oil leaks, exhaust not too loud, those things?

There was a thread on here not so long ago about the legalities of lock bars, and we came you the conclusion they're legal. The only hold your rear wheels straight which is a gold thing!

Pulling the globe won't do anything but stop the HICAS light from coming on. None of the globes are interconnected.

The HIDs will be illegal so swap them out. If you don't want them any more, I might be interested.

Have you checked the car for everything else? All lights work, no oil leaks, exhaust not too loud, those things?

I'll leave the HICAS globe in then if HICAS lockbar is deemed legal. I didn't really wana pull the dash out just to do that anyway, if that's what I needed to do.

yep everything else is fine, gona get her on the jacks on monday to make sure the underbody is schmick though. exhaust will be fine as it's turbo back HKS Silent Hi-Power. They are rated at 90dB I believe. I've got r33 rims on the now which are 16" so the exhaust will be too low. So I'm Gonna put my bro's 18's on to raise it up a bit.

I'll buy new halogens probably tomorrow so keep an eye out in the For sale thread for the HID's. :)

Also is this true that if I go to a certified mechanic to remove the yellow, I need to have all the permits for the mods? I called up the 2 places in mandurah and the 2 places in rocko that are certified, but all the receptions told me they don't deal with modified vehicles unless they have permits for the mods. Or to pass the car by them, it needs to be returned to factory specs, which obviously I'm not prepared to do. And that I have to go to O'Conner, Welshpool etc so they give me permits as well. Is that true or are the receptionists muppets?

Thanks for the help btw guys. ;)

Edited by Magic

run them over the pits, I'd say the receptionists are right and the guys up at welshpool etc will give you permits.

I was on track before but maybe I didnt make myself clear, if you pull the globe I doubt they will notice that it's missing. If they do plead ignorance.

If your super worried about it, run a timed relay to the globe, I doubt they are gonna enjoy the warning globe being on 100% of the time.

I've heard of a couple guys not passing because of a lock bar. Is yours black or "look at me blue/silver" ?

Long story short, go welshpool etc, pull globe, if your lockbar is bright colour put dirt on it, or consider spraying it black.

I passed the pits with a look at me red hicas lock bar. But 2nd time I went I spray painted it dirty black to make it look like its been on the car for 15 years. Not evena mention.

Yes people at Pits are muppets. I wanted a permit for my FMIC and they printed me a permit that said "modification" I told them to change it to "Fround Mount Intercooler" .....Muppets

Does it say HICAS "broken" light? Cos u can tell the guy at they pits that the light is on to show that its on, like ABS. tell him its some nissan safety function.

hey man

pulling the guages out to change the globe is not really a big deal

on my 33 its a matter of 5 screws and the whole guage assembly will pull out

then u just gotta work out which globe it is then pull it

i just had to pull the whole dash assembly out of mine to replace the heater core :S

Ouch:S

Well I passed with the blinged out lockbar and the HICAS light ON always.

Nice guys there at O'Conner.

For those who were wonderin I originally got stickered for aftermarket CF wing. I told him the whole story and the guy at the pits agrees the cop was a knob and what I said was right. because it was inside of the body with rounded edges it's legal. the fact that he didn't sticker me for the reason of it being carbon fibre, but for other stupid reasons like it's too big etc, makes him wrong.

Cheers for everyone who helped with advice.

Now to change my exhaust back so it doesnt sound like a Camry with a pod anymore. :P

He wouldn't happened to have been a little guy with greyish hair by any chance?

Nar he was baldish with a lil bit of hair, tiny bit taller than me and I'm 5'11. Probably in his late 40s.

Edited by Magic