SAU Community

Need An Opinion Please

I have an R33 GTS and it is all maroon in colour, I will attach a photo to this thread.

I am just wondering if a black bonnet would look good on the car? I was thinking about getting the bonnet resprayed but I am looking at 400 to spray it when I can get a decent black bonnet for half the price.

So would a black bonnet look good on my car?

Cheers

post-63591-1244289990_thumb.jpg

post-63591-1244290260_thumb.jpg

I have an R33 GTS and it is all maroon in colour, I will attach a photo to this thread.

I am just wondering if a black bonnet would look good on the car? I was thinking about getting the bonnet resprayed but I am looking at 400 to spray it when I can get a decent black bonnet for half the price.

So would a black bonnet look good on my car?

Cheers

my personal opinion???

thats the WORST thing u can do dude.....

carbon fibre bonnets i personally think causes too much contrast difference in colour..and the black colour of actual carbon fibre i dont think looks all that crash hot.. but in saying that... carbon fibre is that popular i guess you could get away with the dodgy colour of it.

but painting it black to MOCK it.........why would u wana do that?!?!?!

to me it looks way too........cheap....

have you seen people who have a cheap bombed out car and purchase a different colour bonnet or bumper bar but either cant be stuffed spraying it or cant afford to spray it the same colour?! thats what it reminds me of.

but at the end of the day its your car and your money.. i would never do such a thing even if i had an r33 gtst in any colour

Edited by eeiko321

Hey man I got the same colour skyline and love it the way it is. I did consider paintin the bonnet black but luckiliy got talked out of it.

Yeah it does look cheap and you're better off getting a carbon fibre bonnet or maybe modding yours to have vents or something?

I'd rather just leave it as is, like i did.

Anyway, long story short, dnt paint it black or get a black bonnet, either go c/f or leave it

post-61560-1244294027_thumb.jpg

post-61560-1244294107_thumb.jpg

Edited by Benzino33

Thanks aye yeah to tell the truth I dont really wanna get a black bonnet, iv seen some people around with a black bonnet on there maroon 33s but yeah it does look a bit weird, I have always wanted to get a carbon fibre bonnet for it so I guess I could save for that or just go for a respray when I drive to Mackay in a few weeks, I can get it done cheap there.

It was so weird, here on the gold coast I called up 2 places and they quoted me $1200 on respray of the bonnet just because they said they had to do the front guards as well?!?! I dont understand, the bonnet is a single piece, it can just be sprayed as a single part cant it? so strange.

Thanks aye yeah to tell the truth I dont really wanna get a black bonnet, iv seen some people around with a black bonnet on there maroon 33s but yeah it does look a bit weird, I have always wanted to get a carbon fibre bonnet for it so I guess I could save for that or just go for a respray when I drive to Mackay in a few weeks, I can get it done cheap there.

It was so weird, here on the gold coast I called up 2 places and they quoted me $1200 on respray of the bonnet just because they said they had to do the front guards as well?!?! I dont understand, the bonnet is a single piece, it can just be sprayed as a single part cant it? so strange.

WTf? $1200? Why would they respray the guards if the bonnet was gonna be a different colour?

Usually they would only charge u if the bonnet was to match the rest of the car. for that price, i'd expect the bonnet sprayed, and a new m spec front bumper sprayed and primed.

dunno wat places u went to, but if someone quoted me that much i'd take my bonnet off and slap them across the face with it

why would they want to re-spray the guards?

yes it can be resprayed as a single component, because the bonnet can be removed and taken to the spray booth...

quater panel damages have to be blended in.. they do larger areas to make it less apparent

but 1200 is a rip off....

and dont forget... some people paint thier bonnets black because they cant get a carbon fibre bonnet, either due to pricing or the fact that it is a defect.

i recon leave it as it is.. dont ruin things.

what happens when you want to sell your car?!... show a picture of a different colour bonnet?

and to stop people from thinking you are an 'El-Cheapo' or had bonnet damage....then spray it back to Burgandy????

if i were the buyer i wouldnt even THINK of buying the car...cause id be embarrased driving with a cheap looking bonnet...let alone forking out several hundreds of dollars painting it back....so dont bother dude....

Edited by eeiko321

If you're going to go with black bonnet go for a matte black, if not carbon fibre. Imho black goes with anything and it should look good. DO NOT paint guards black also.

If you're going to go with black bonnet go for a matte black, if not carbon fibre. Imho black goes with anything and it should look good. DO NOT paint guards black also.

One word only.

eww.

A painted black bonnet never impresses. as stated above - it makes both the car and its owner look cheap. and its so over the top and unnecessary...

You want a black bonnet?

Buy a black GTST instead.

respray it.. hate that colour for skyline ..

If you don't like the colour dont buy it. simple. For the price of respraying the entire car on top of purchase price...you may as well have forked out the extra 6k for a car in good condition...that you actually like every aspect of.

respray it.. hate that colour for skyline ..

well, I personally love that colour on skylines. and not just because my car happens to be the same colour.

and yeah, if u hate it so much, dont buy it, and stop letting people know how much u hate it.