SAU Community

Nissan Cedric Upgrades

Linkstar

I've started a thread outlining the mission statement of my 1966 nissan cedric Rb conversion in this section but I figured I'd throw a couple of questions out there for the majority of you that know a lot more about classic nissans and datsuns.

1. brakes: I have a complete running r31 sedan as a donor car and would like to use as much as I can in the conversion. I'd like to use the brakes since I'm using the diff from the 31 the rear brakes are a no brainer but is there a way of using the front brakes from the r31?

2. As the cedric has an L20 I figure the sump and other clearance issues will be similar to those who have done the rb conversion in early Zcars but any extra light or good links would be sweet.

3. Steering, many of you done R&P conversions in old nissans? of course I'm looking to use the one from the skyline parts car.

I know my car is a bit older than what most of you work on but any help would be appreciated.

Link

PS anyone in Brisbane who wants to come and hang out when the mayhem starts or even needs an extra set of hands when they're pulling their ride apart feel free PM me

Need some "Before" pics Lincoln :P

The before shots are a bit of crack up, although the car is complete and free from major rust its still not what I'd call a "survivor"

18102008071-1.jpg

I'm going to keep a bit of build diary in this section so my stuff will be documented for all to see. lol