SAU Community

Steering Wheel Control On V35 - To Be Retained

Hi All,

(Chris Rogers may be the DA MAN for this)...

I have a 2003 V35 sedan with the BOSE system and the steering wheel controls on the left hand side, see pic attached.

SteeringWheelControledit.jpg

Now, I am maybe one of the unlucky few that had my factory monitor, etc removed and had an after market Panasonic HDD SatNav and 7" LCD installed (which is 'useless' and only used for the reverse camera). I will be removing the whole system and will be buying a 2 DIN Fascia to install a Sony headunit and motorised LCD screen in lieu of the BOSE 6 Stack CD/Tape Player.

I have already found the Fascia and the wire harness to connect up to the BOSE Amp and speaker system. However, from the same seller, they claim to have a steering wheel control interface that retains the use of the factory steering wheel controls (and mates it to the Sony headunit). However, this unit is for the G35 Infiniti and they cannot confirm if it works on the V35. But, going through their Tech Notes, it seems that this "may" work on the V35.

See here:

http://76.12.243.71/swixprogramming/showst...cles&ID=211

And here:

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/SW...ions_061407.pdf

My question is:

1. By reading the info in the 2 links, can any Tech person confirm the wiring harness is the same, etc.

2. Is anyone willing to install this for me?

Like I said, Chris may be DA MAN for this job, but before I go spending $100USD on this unit, I need some assurance that it will work.

If this works on my car, it means that it will open the floodgates for many other V35 owners to explore changing their headunits and utilising the same factory steering wheel controls...

Edited by siu_loong_bao

Oops, one more thing, can someone also confirm if the USA G35's Bose system wiring harness is the same as the V35s?

BOSEHarness001.jpg

BOSEHarness2.jpg

The kit comes with 2 wiring harnesses, which u only need to use 1 (depending on your aftermarket head unit install).

Edited by siu_loong_bao

In my memory reference for Chris. The Harnesses of G35 bose and V35 Bose is different. So the US kit does not support JDM model. But Chris has his own harnesses can to the same job. Send him a pm, he will do the job for you.

+1.

bearing in mind a lot of the G35 stuff does not apply to this car. the leads you show DEFINITELY do not.

SWC - yep you can retain that with a sony stereo. I would be wary of ebay though. buy it off someone local.

+1.

bearing in mind a lot of the G35 stuff does not apply to this car. the leads you show DEFINITELY do not.

SWC - yep you can retain that with a sony stereo. I would be wary of ebay though. buy it off someone local.

In saying all this, what is actually required to replace the stereo only on a V35? not interested in combining monitor or navigation, just a repalce of the bose head unit with something else?

In saying all this, what is actually required to replace the stereo only on a V35? not interested in combining monitor or navigation, just a repalce of the bose head unit with something else?

Hi Ther

Just in case if you have no idear wht Chris talk about.

Here is the picture.

3cd8_1.JPG

Hi Ther

Just in case if you have no idear wht Chris talk about.

Here is the picture.

3cd8_1.JPG

Thanks Frank, i did check those panels on the american site and the A/C control.

Cristian