SAU Community

Toyota Chaser Jzx100

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all i can say is Chaser FTMFW!!! ive driven one daily since july last year and there is no other car on the planet that i want or would take over the Chaser.. seriously!!

interior is a little lame, nothing that some new seats or even some car seat covers wont fix. the carbon fibre trim is real carbon fibre.

performance is excellent. ive got roughly 210rwkw with an fmic, EBC and powerFC. the engine is so smooth and has max torque by 3k rpm which is just awesome for daily driving/around town, you can get up to speed without the need to get on boost = pretty good fuel economy

thay handle pretty damn good from factory (better than the 328i e36 bmw that i used to have) ive got coilovers and swaybars and its on fkn rails. not as good as my friends r32gtst but his car is lighter so its understandable.

rear seats dont fold down which isnt that great but the boot is pretty big anyway

then again, i supose im pretty biased

fyi - the 4WD chaser was only released as a 2 litre non turbo auto. you can get 2j chasers but they are NA

check out www.jzx100.com for more info :D

1480kgs dry. my car is registered at 1520kgs, it was weighted with a full size spare, big sound system and a full tank of petrol

with me in it its 1660kgs (yes i weigh 140kgs) so its a bit heavier than my friends r32 gtst at 1380kgs

Edited by nerm

• 1 month later...

my bro got one recently 1996 turbo, auto model, all i can say is its a good car comparing it to a skyline like a r33 of the same year its alot better, 4 airbags, xennon lights, more leg room in rear. make more power stock 206 kw, more torque than a r34! comparing it to my r34 sedan its only a matter of personal preference as feature wise its got more, but the auto would be better if it was tip tronic. feels abit heavier than a skyline thou but for daily driving who cares. ;)

Decent car that requires nothing much to get it going great.

I'll only consider the 1JZ manuals and currently, prices are dropping.

Under 20k will get you a nice example.

Availability of aftermarket parts is great too....with more than a few ppl here selling stuff like coilovers and coolers for the chaser.

I certainly wouldn't mind getting one....lowered on coilovers with some tough rims. But this is IF the gf will let me get one. She's had a bad experience in Japan involving one (long story) :P

• 1 month later...

I have been considering one also.

But 90% of them are autos. Starting to research if its worth converting them to manual. I also heard from someone thats its as easy as putting in a manual ecu and excepting everything to work.

Anyone converted an auto to manual?