SAU Community

Toyota 86 Track/Race Car

Toyota 86 Track Car - For Sale (EOI)

Potentially selling my Toyota 86 track car so I can focus on the R34GTT for track use. If the asking price is not met I will keep both and continue to thrash but I thought I would offer this up to SAU members as its a well built and sorted car that is reliable and a lot of fun to drive. The car is currently serviced and ready to hit the track and if the full package is purchased it has spares and additional rubber to go.

image.thumb.jpeg.8d8c55fe99e9a1d48e30f04a2504292d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.65c39deb06f2207cb9e10d74d14857a0.jpeg

2013 Toyota 86 GTS model with 85000km (approx)
Cannot be registered - Track only use.
Vehicle was written off at approx 84000km so majority of its life was as a stock street car. The build is documented online by the previous owner.
The car looks and performs fantastic. It is an extremely reliable and well setup track car which offers cheap yet surprisingly quick track day package.
On 240tw street tyres the car could lap in the 1.10s at Wakefield Park and on sticky rubber has the potential to go much quicker. Not bad for a stockish powered car on pump 98.
The car is setup for track use but has proven to be competitive in its class at our local hillclimb track without any alignment or suspension changes to suit.
Can be MA log booked for IP or similar classes with some safety additions and modifications however I purchased with the sole intention of seat time and not as a race car.
Exterior wise the car is quite stock with only a few tasteful mods such as the bigger brakes and the wide Gram Lights. It is subtle and catches a lot of bigger powered cars off guard.

image.thumb.jpeg.504bbf1464fa68085615fee288795129.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ae642e5830982bc41af4c54a938f473f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4bda5987c2746fb845ba047e6d1eaee1.jpeg

Video of its last run on track can be found here - 

Engine:

Stock FA20 N/A engine
Perrin Intake
SME EL headers 
Custom single straight through exhaust
Tuned by LS Tuning - Approx 123rwkw
Perrin Oil Cooler Kit
Moroso V2 Sump Baffle kit
New battery plus spare supplied
AC delete kit fitted
Mishimoto Catch can
Maddat Fuel surge flap
Regular oil changes

Gearbox and diff:

Verus Clutch Fork
Direct Clutch - Solid Centre
Cusco Shifter Spring Upgrade
Shifter linkage bushes replaced
Perrin Rear Shifter Mount
Whiteline gearbox mount
Whiteline Diff mount bushings
Regular oil changes

Suspension:

AF Racing strut brace and BMC stopper
BC BR Coilovers with new DS Valved shocks
Custom spring rates front and rear 8F 7R
Cusco Steering Rack bushes
Full Sti bolt upgrade kit
New front wheel bearings
Hardrace Swaybars F+R
Whiteline Swaybar link kit (R)
MCA Traction mod
ISC adjustable rear LCA
Adjustable rear traction and toe arms

Safety, Interior and Exterior:

Velo Apex XL Race seat
Velo 6pt Hans compatible Harness
AGI Roll cage (Half with additional bars)
Cage is MA Registered 
Cams approved fire extinguisher
Fully stripped interior
Sparco pedal covers plus a few carbon highlights
Proper metal tow hooks 
Front blank off plates
Facelift style taillights
Blacked out reverse lights and badges
Go pro and timing mounts fitted

Wheels & Tyres:

Set 1 -
Rays Gramlights 57DR 18x9.5 +38
Zeknova 265/35/18 240tw tyres all round

image.thumb.jpeg.66f48310917efbe178af960e9b1635c0.jpeg

Set 2 -
Lenso D1SE 18x9.5 + 38 (near new)
Brand new Zestino 07rs front tyres 265/35/18
Brand new Zeknova rear tyres (tba)

image.thumb.jpeg.d7d987f4ff71432faa7c53f679ff4fb7.jpeg

Hardrace extended wheel studs front and rear with open nuts
Rolled factory guards - No flares or other mods to fit

Brakes: 

Subaru STI big brake kit F&R
Braided brake lines
Penrite 600 racing fluid
DBA 5000 front rotors with Winmax 6.5 pads
DBA 4000 rear rotors with Winmax 5 pads
Factory ABS which gives it mind blowing braking power

Spares and Accessories:

Genuine Subaru oil filters x 4 left
Denstoj Rocker Retainer Kit - RRP $1100
Whiteline gearbox mount - Double ordered part
Spare front wheel bearings - Old ones
Passenger seat (OEM) 
Factory head unit - Removed for track use.

I am sure I have missed a bunch of smaller details with the car as it has been modified along the way to make it as reliable as possible. As seen in the video I made a custom plate to hold my phone for lap timing, the plate will stay in the car and covers the old Radio hole. The factory radio/headunit will be supplied with the vehicle.

Option 1) Car supplied as per the list above with all extras, wheels, tyres and spares = $22000 non-negotiable

Option 2) Car supplied on Lenso wheel/tyre combo with no Rays Gramlights or Rocker Retainer kit = $20000 non-negotiable

This listing is more of an EOI at this stage as I will keep it and keep booking track days if the asking price is not met. The pricing listed is to cover costs spent on the car using quality parts, If pricing is not met I have no urgency nor so I need to sell it. If it does sell, expect a lot more R34 content on the build thread.

Please note, although the car drives and looks standard it is not registerable and must be shipped on a trailer. No test drives due to being a track use only vehicle. Full inspections are welcome but it won't get driven until money is paid. I may run the car at Pheasant Wood Raceway in the coming weeks if its not sold prior, you can view the car in action on the day if its of interest but no test drives or joy rides unless a significant deposit is paid.

Also worth mentioning this car is not built for the Toyota 86 series nor would it be eligible in its current format, please do not buy with intent of competiting in this series as you are better off starting from scratch and adding the controlled parts required. This is a track car in its current form suitable for club or social track days at most race tracks, it can easily be converted to a race car for IP or other series by extending the front cage (AGI said it is easy to do) but please check with a logbooking agent or MA before viewing the car if this is your intent. This platform is also great for hillclimbing and other motorsport events as they are an excellent chassis.

Turbo and supercharger kits are often available online and really make these engines come alive if you need more power. Just adding E85 and tweaking the tune will help. I chose to stick with the reliable low powered NA combo as I planned to do regular track days. I was doing 1-2 track days per month with Trackschool Trackdays when Wakefield Park was open but have since only run the car at a local Hillclimb track, the R34 has been used for the last track day I ran and is likely to take over trackday duties from the 86 hence the EOI for selling it.

This will be listed online via FB, MY105 and similar sites within the next week or two but I thought I would post here first to give SAU members first look.

Message me through SAU and I'll respond as soon as possible.

Vehicle will be located at my work warehouse in Tomago 2322 (Near Newcastle) for inspection with prior viewing arrangements required. 

Cheers,

Mat

image.jpeg

• 1 year later...