SAU Community

Street racing

djvoodoo

2 hours ago, PranK said:

I can't support this. This doesn't help the 'scene' at all imo, nor does it improve our relationship with the Police. 

I love a fast Skyline, the noise, the spool, the aggressive lines, and yes, the speed too.

But this video has a number of high profile workshops and Youtube stars that should be setting a better example for the community. We see them on the track, we see them in Youtube clips, and most subscribers of these channels are prob between 17-30yrs old.

It's not rocket science for the cops to work out who these people are either..... Hell, they have workshop names plastered along the side of their cars.

I think everyone has a bit of a play on the roads from time to time, but this goes too far. 

Mabee i'm old fashioned....

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

I love everyone getting on their high horse, don't pretend you're the perfect angel. 

Are you insinuating that I'm not the perfect angel?

FWIW, as @djvoodoo said, its one thing to have a squirt on an empty road every now and then, it's another thing all together to behave like this. Also to promote it. 

Not even mentioning the damage it does to police relations with Skyline owners.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PranK said:

Are you insinuating that I'm not the perfect angel?

FWIW, as @djvoodoo said, its one thing to have a squirt on an empty road every now and then, it's another thing all together to behave like this. Also to promote it. 

Not even mentioning the damage it does to police relations with Skyline owners.

Yep, spot on.

I'm not a perfect angel either (although i haven't lost any points on my licence in 7 years)

There is a huge difference having a squirt in 2nd/ 3rd at the traffic light vs banging through 4th/5th/6th on a 1000HP car through the streets.

• Like 1

Cool cars, but sorry I would dob them in quick as if I saw that.  It only takes a nanosecond to go from hero to zero at that those speeds. They will kill somebody one day if they keep doing that, just too irresponsible.

And I am no angel either, been done for speeding a few times, but always the under 120km/h bracket and on open country roads.

How is it the workshops fault if their sticker is on a car which happens to be in the video?

Its a bit of a case of the pot calling the kettle black. People in this very thread have admitted to not being angles and speeding on country roads. You are no different to the people in the video.

Everyone jumps on their soapbox and talks about how bad these people but really they love it.

• Like 2

I'm not here to say I'm an angel or whatever.. we've all gone fast or bashed a skid on a public road but there's a huge difference between giving it a squirt in the nasho and having a full blown drag race between a 1500hp GTR and R32 with completely f**ked suspension on an open road and if you can't see or admit that you're naive.

I'm surprised one of them didn't slam into one of many parked trucks to be honest.

Sure; it's not the workshops fault, but by having interviews at the workshop in question, filming in their car park that late at night and racing on the street right outside it sure does beg the question...

• Like 1