SAU Community

Where To Buy A Manual Boost Controller?

kikutaknight

Some people buy these things off ebay, right? anyone had any experience buying those little manual boost controllers that you screw to adjust?

I'm not sure if there's any shops you can walk into to buy them locally in perth. or if there are any online mod shops that you can buy them from. would you just buy from ebay?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/go...ntr-t73375.html

you can get that boost controller off ebay look for turbotech

i personally just went to xspeed and bought a turbosmart one, then i lost that one so i bought another 2nd hand off this forum...

also my mate saw your car and took a pic of your license plate at murdoch uni i think it was lol

i personally just went to xspeed and bought a turbosmart one

also my mate saw your car and took a pic of your license plate at murdoch uni i think it was lol

oh? how much do xspeed sell them for?

lul...i love how my plates interest people :D yeh...i've been cycling to work this week to save money though. (pity i've been cruising every night with friends XD ...eek. huge petrol bill.) My car won't be seen at murdoch so often now ^_^

lol. i called xspeed and asked, and they are like...for an r33, don't use a manual one. you'll blow it up. spikes n stuff, get an electronic one. new HKS for $650, with install and dyno tune $800 all up.

heh... =_= the turbo tech doesn't spike you say? if enough people tell me xspeed is talkin crap, i'll go for the turbo tech.

of course i realise you need to be careful while setting ur boost on a manual. start at zero, and do quarter turns at a time, etc.

Turbosmart Tee's are fine, I've sold over 20 and all have been great these are $100. If you got some extra coin the Profec B's are $475. I've got a few here if you want let me know.

What you pay for is what you get in the car game, Ebay gear might be ok, I decided not to sell those style of MBC's because I did not want phone calls of blown motors. I'd go for the trusted products with support.

Edited by monga

No offense monga, but I reckon turbosmart bleed valves are rubbish, same with dual stage and electronic ones from them. Its Australian product which isn't as good as the Jap stuff. The turbosmart ones run on bleeding off a certain amount of pressure to make ur wastegate feel less pressure, hence open later, hence make boost. This means the amount of air will be different in 1st to 4th gear, cold nights, hot days. So it can creep and spike hard.

The ball and spring ones have the spring to minimize pressure being bleed off unnecessarily and the adjustment is quite good. They are dirt cheap being and simple. For under 30$ to ur door they work a treat. Had a GFB manual, Turbosmart manual and turbotech manual, AEM electronic. Turbotech was the best by far for manual ones.

In regard to a workshop telling you to electronic. Of course electronic is best, but its expensive and they make a profit so they will advise you to buy one. I have mates with EBC's which still spike and creep, so be careful either way.

If you are bumping boost up by 3-6 psi then the turbotech is best money for value and more reliable than bleed ones like GFB and turbosmart.

There is a how-to thread about getting a R33 GTST to run 9psi the whole time instead of 6 psi then 9 later in rev range. Simple earthing or similar.