SAU Community

Another Yellow

niran

just to throw it out there earlier this year i got a rb25 put in by KYP (rb25 included) for 4k, which included a exedy hd clutch + install + gearbox oil change + radiator + dump pipe + stock turbo.... you sure he said 4k minus half cut?

4k for 25det engine and box fitted with h/d clutch and oils n exhaust work :D

Niran, which cruise did you go on and get pulled over? Our cruise or Anilag? heard a few on the AL cruise got stickered but didn't see anyone on oru cruise get pulled over?

4k for 25det engine and box fitted with h/d clutch and oils n exhaust work :D

hey man

Really, maybe i have heard wrong i am going there soon.. Will talk to ben again and confirm the final prices

Cheers

Niran, which cruise did you go on and get pulled over? Our cruise or Anilag? heard a few on the AL cruise got stickered but didn't see anyone on oru cruise get pulled over?

Hey mel

I came to your meet point but then i rang my friends to find out they all had gone on the antilag one so i met up with them.. sigh should have stayed on your cruise wouldnt have got yellowed.

I told you!!!!! lol ah well :) heaps sorry to hear dude, your 32 is sooo sexc too!!!

Haha i know! should have stayed on that one, ah well what to do now.. and thanks bud :)

Ok guys

So im pretty sure I've now got the half cut sorted also found a place to do installation, however im just unsure about a thing or two.

When i go over pits once again do i declare that i have done and engine conversion? Also what happens with the Vin Number and engine number? Another question I had was which may be a bit off a stupid question however would i need to change the brakes and rotors as im going for a larger engine or would pits even notice the difference if any?

Final question i had was when i do get this engine registerd in pits is there a fee i must pay?

Thanks guys, you've all been great help

Niran

Edited by niran

? Another question I had was which may be a bit off a stupid question however would i need to change the brakes and rotors as im going for a larger engine or would pits even notice the difference if any?

Remove 33 brakes from your 1/2 cut and fit them anyway ..

r32 came factory with a 2.6l engine, 2.5l is less than a 25% increase over factory and below what another factory model came with.

Change of engine form.

p.s. im aware the gt-r is a completely different car but thats not how they see it at the dpi.

thats the fronts sorted then all you need is rears from me and some good pads and youve got the stoping power needed to go with the new engine

thats the fronts sorted then all you need is rears from me and some good pads and youve got the stoping power needed to go with the new engine

LOL rears are same on 32 gts-t n gtr , 33 gts-t , 34 gt-t and s2 34 gt

Most likely will end up doing so

i did the RB25 conversion and i just filled out the engine conversion form and thats it?

Oh really awesome sounds good man, i shall do that then

r32 came factory with a 2.6l engine, 2.5l is less than a 25% increase over factory and below what another factory model came with.

Change of engine form.

p.s. im aware the gt-r is a completely different car but thats not how they see it at the dpi.

thanks for this, this is what i was looking for as i read somewhere about that 25 % increase in power situation, however wasn’t 100% sure if that was true.. Thanks for confirming this mate

Hey every one

Alright so I've gone to pits and got my sticker renewed until the 29th of this month, ive found someone to install the engine and gearbox.

However does anybody know of any places where I could get the tail shaft cut and aligned again?

Cheers, Niran

Edited by niran

Like I said in my previous post.. Final Drive did my tailshaft.

It is only the front half that needs to be shortened but I had them make me a whole new two-piece shaft with heavy duty servicable uni's and a new centre bearing.

Edited by bubba

Like I said in my previous post.. Final Drive did my tailshaft.

It is only the front half that needs to be shortened but I had them make me a whole new two-piece shaft with heavy duty servicable uni's and a new centre bearing.

Hey bubba

Thanks for that, will ring them tomorrow morning :P

Edited by niran

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

I went to bens today and got the engine checked out, seem's good done 70k on the engine, running 145 psi each cylinder (cold start) and timing belt, water pump have been changed at 54 k

Anyway thought i would show you guys a pic off it

post-44649-1261143700_thumb.jpg

Again thanks for everyone who helped me with this topic

Cheers, Niran