SAU Community

R33 Gtst Into C210

harvo

Ok, so theoretically speaking.......

If you had a complete R33 gtst skyline at your disposal and a C210 coupe to play with what parts would you use off of the R33?

and how hard (or expensive) said parts would be to fit.

I have been scouring the net for info but most of it's a bit sketchy.

Cheers Dan

Honestly...motor and box is about all that's of use to you.

not much else will easily fit, even the diff is a right pain to swap in.

No piping(or very little of it) from the intercooler side of things will fit, so it will all have to be custom.

Front seat could be used but would require custom mounts/rails. much easier to buy aftermarket rails and seats.

So really, only motor and box.

that being said, its still worthwhile because comparatively the C210 weighs bugger all.

better yet, buy my rb26. :thumbsup:

cheers

Jason

front brakes only... rears arent even close.

and i dont know about the front swaybar, the front suspension design is entirely different with a single lca and macpherson strut(c210), and Double wishbone (R33)

cheers

Jason

ok thanks guys,

So S13 stuff seems to be the way to go for the rear suspension with r31 disc and calipers

What would be the best option for what will be pretty much a daily with maybe a track day thrown in.

I've got a set of the landcruiser/hilux calipers to go on the 240k struts with the vented verada rotors.

or should I use the r33 brakes on the 240k struts.

or get a set of s13 struts/coilovers for the front and use the r33 gear on those.

I'm not chasing anything to serious just want to utilise the best of what I've got to work with.

Would like to use the seats as making a set of rails should be fairly easy and free, I'm also thinking rack and pinion might be nice but also a major head f@#k but I'll look into that one.

You guys are a wealth of knowledge, thanks for sharing

cheers Dan

Yep, for the rear s13 coilovers and r31 brakes would be the go.

Not worth the effot to try and fit r33 brakes to 240k struts,

So either use your hilux set up

or change to s13 front coilover, hubs knuckle etc and use the r33 brakes on that. keeping in mind s13 set up will sit the car very low.

I know of a 240k running a s13 front swaybar, and gtr swaybars are a upgrade in a s13, so i reakon the r33 one should bolt up fairly easly. (may need custom link bars)

I like low so thats good, but it still needs to be sort of legal.

Been reading up on the r33 conversion but the dog leg bracket seems a bit ordneary to me, swaybar sounds good tho.