SAU Community

Warning: Damage In Transit

^^^ hehe...

Better to look back, rather than experience that again Grigor.

That reminds me...

My mother ordered a brand new Nissan Maxima in '97 for arrival 1 week later at Springwood NISSAN here in NSW with her choice of colour.

1 week went by.

2 weeks passed and my mother being the patient person she is, decided to make an enquiry in another week.

3 weeks after ordering, we find out that it's waiting for her at Springwood NISSAN QLD.

Yep.

When my Rustia came from SA to QLD, they couldn't figure out the electric windows.

Did the whole rainy trip with windows down and judging by the soot inside, it must have been beside the exhaust too.

As you have to depress the brake and engage Park to remove the key, that was waaaaaaaaaaaay to hard.

Easier to snap it off. Just like the aerial that spent a week trying to go up and up and up and up........

Thats massive, who was it that done this?

And what did they do about it when you picked up the vehicle?

^^^ hehe...

Better to look back, rather than experience that again Grigor.

That reminds me...

My mother ordered a brand new Nissan Maxima in '97 for arrival 1 week later at Springwood NISSAN here in NSW with her choice of colour.

1 week went by.

2 weeks passed and my mother being the patient person she is, decided to make an enquiry in another week.

3 weeks after ordering, we find out that it's waiting for her at Springwood NISSAN QLD.

Haha, classic. Must have just decided that taking it to the right side of the country was close enough,NSW and Queensland ARE right next door haha

Finally got Ceva to agree to fix the damage to my car, and had it looked at this afternoon.

Cevas' very creative story in the end is that when they picked up the car,in the lighting conditions at the time (outside in the open at noon in brisbane with no clouds) they somehow missed the damage to the front bar.The driver wrote out the survey report,with no damage on it gave the importer his copy and then took the car to his truck,and as he loaded it he 'noticed the damage' and decided that had better add it to all his copies of the survey report but 'should have gone back to the yard to add it to the original'.So by some sort of mix up the paperwork was altered after the survey,the fresh touch up paint and damage was already there,and the week of denying any liablity was just a big mix up.But because they're nice people they're gonna help me out and give me the benefit of the doubt.

A good outcome for me but they're still not admitting they tried to cover it up with dodgy paperwork and a touch up job.Very bad attitudes and excuses all round anyway.

unbelievable i ran out of smokes

Wrong Forum buddy, you want ns.com or streetcommonwhores over there->

I was in Stock control for a Toyota Dealership, ordered 2 cars from 1 dealership, organised freight, Day of estimated arrival, no cars, ring frieght company that afternoon, "Oh there was a delay, they are on a truck and will be there tomorrow" (Coming from QLD to Bathurst)

Next day, no Cars, Phone call "Oh they are in the depot, truck/driver probs, be there tomorrow"

Next day, no cars, Phone call "What do you mean you don't have them, we delivered them this morning, they are parked out the back, keys are in the box" I go out the back (Again) looking for a Landcruiser, and a bright F>>off green Aurion, no cars, no keys.

Call again, "Yep we have delivered them, the driver has returned to the depot in Albury and has no cars"

me "Albury.... Which dealership did he deliver them too?..."

"Wodonga- that is what is on the con note"

Me- "Why would I have cars delivered to Wodonga, when I am in Bathurst?"

"Well that is where you told us to deliver them, so if you want them somewhere else would you like to book them in, we should be able to pick them up in 2 days..."

According the freight company I must have "Forgotten" which dealership I wanted them delivered to, and said Wodonga, instead of Bathurst... So we had to pay to send them back halfway to where they came from..

My heap was transported by Coastline but as I live out in the sticks, there were a couple of other freight companies involved by the time it arrived on my door.

But I've read of much, much worse stories so I reckon I got off pretty well.

Really nice race/rally cars flogged to death, not by the transport truckies but the depot guys joyriding once the vehicle arrived.

The only "winner" was one owner who had full datalogging.

He was able to prove date/time/RPM's the whole bit, all while the car was supposedly in transit.

Wrong Forum buddy, you want ns.com or streetcommonwhores over there->

Me- "Why would I have cars delivered to Wodonga, when I am in Bathurst?"

"Well that is where you told us to deliver them, so if you want them somewhere else would you like to book them in, we should be able to pick them up in 2 days..."

According the freight company I must have "Forgotten" which dealership I wanted them delivered to, and said Wodonga, instead of Bathurst... So we had to pay to send them back halfway to where they came from..

Some people....The worst part is they make you out to be so stupid by expecting you to believe their BS stories.You eventually got them to bathurst without too much more trouble i suppose?

My heap was transported by Coastline but as I live out in the sticks, there were a couple of other freight companies involved by the time it arrived on my door.

But I've read of much, much worse stories so I reckon I got off pretty well.

Really nice race/rally cars flogged to death, not by the transport truckies but the depot guys joyriding once the vehicle arrived.

The only "winner" was one owner who had full datalogging.

He was able to prove date/time/RPM's the whole bit, all while the car was supposedly in transit.

Yeah i have heard some pretty crazy stories, my mate worked on a dock for tnt and witnessed a loader joy riding a 911 gt3 through the dock and side swiping a cargo container at about 40km. Id wish id seen them try to talk their way out of that one.Guy was sacked and charged by the coppers, dont know what happened with the car but.

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago one of my dads mates was a truck driver. He turned up one day asking if my dad wanted to go for a drive in one of the cars he was transporting. My dad declined knowing the guy was a bit of a dickhead and not wanting to get involved.

Got a call the next day saying how he rolled the car and was in deep shit.

Lost his job for that one. Deserved a good ass kicking really.

Many years ago one of my dads mates was a truck driver. He turned up one day asking if my dad wanted to go for a drive in one of the cars he was transporting. My dad declined knowing the guy was a bit of a dickhead and not wanting to get involved.

Got a call the next day saying how he rolled the car and was in deep shit.

Lost his job for that one. Deserved a good ass kicking really.

Shite thats crazy, What a dickhead, probably would have lost more than his job (maybe his thumbs haha) when the owner found out.

Had my car (32 GTR) brought down from Brisbane a month ago....and yep, there was damage to it that wasnt noted....the passenger side tail light surround had come away from the backing, there was also a few scratches on it that weren't noted...

My main issue was the tail light surround as it was obvious and wasnt noted on the pre delivery report...the douche bag at the Adelaide depot talked some sh1t and basically dismissed me....

I have today got a response from VIP/CEVA saying they will give me $50 to repair the tail light as a 'good will gesture'....

$50 sounds like being 'short-changed' imho

What if you simply hold the cheque and send them a repair bill for the difference?

By sending you a compensation cheque, they've already admitted liability have they not?

Edited by CARSICK

Unfortunately it seems some damage is going to happen, you have to prepare for it.

If you live on the highway as I do, you'll see thousands of car movements via transporters every day, they're not all going to arrive in good condition.

Transporters prefer Falcons, Dunnydoors, Tojo's, 4x's etc, with moderate door lengths (easy to squeeze in) and nice high suspension to drive up and down the humps and ramps.

Give them a low sports coupe and it's going to get damaged

OR

It will get pride of place on top of the prime mover, lifted up there by the forklift.

If I'm moving a vehicle within the state, I now use our local tilt tray operator, a small 1-man operation.

For anything else................lots of insurance I guess.

Prior to sending any car interstate, I suggest photographing (even using a copy of today's newspaper) and even video taping the car panels just before they come to pick up the vehicle. That way if there is any damage, you've got proof that it was done in their care.

Had my car (32 GTR) brought down from Brisbane a month ago....and yep, there was damage to it that wasnt noted....the passenger side tail light surround had come away from the backing, there was also a few scratches on it that weren't noted...

My main issue was the tail light surround as it was obvious and wasnt noted on the pre delivery report...the douche bag at the Adelaide depot talked some sh1t and basically dismissed me....

I have today got a response from VIP/CEVA saying they will give me $50 to repair the tail light as a 'good will gesture'....

Thats a load of BS mate...$50? And its a good will gesture? What is it gonna cost to fix it and whats their excuse for not fixing professionaly and paying for it?