SAU Community

Suspension Arms

Hey guys,

Im about to add a set of HKS Hipermax 3 coilovers to my 32gtr and im wonder what other suspension components are recomend. The car is only used for street and all im wanting is improved handling and to lower the car abit for the time being. At the moment im looking at front and rear adjustable camber arms. Any particular camber kits do you guys recommend and any other bit and pieces do you think are worth purchasing?

Cheers,

best off to get a front upper arm bush kit and either a rear camber bush kit or a rear upper control arm.. thats about all you will need to correct it... if you want to go further, some castor rods or some adjustable castor rod bushes and a hicas lock bar will make a good difference to the handling, without losing too comfort.

it all comes down to how much you want to spend..

The more you lower the car the more adjustables you'll need to be able to get the alignment to something sensible. Strongly suggest you dont go lower than 350mm front and 340mm rear as the handling turns to poo if you do. Front should be rear hight +10mm. Measure from wheel centerline up to the guard lip.

Agree with NZM on the bushes, but what you need depends on hight. Avoid rose jointed arms on a street car.

Other than that sway bars and an attessa tweaker.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

My front left castr arm bush is leaking and busted !... Why do we want to avoid rose jointed arms on a street car?

Also what is good to replace these with? And where can i get them and what am i looking at paying?

Should i also replace rears or just the front..

And because they wear extremely quickly.

It wont take long until they clunk and bang and are worn out.

Most of the cheap arms use unsealed rose joints....there just no good for everyday use in all weather types.

Cheers