SAU Community

Anyone Got Autometer Gauges?

luvboost

hey i just got some autometer gauges and and quite suck on how to wire them up. i got the pro comp ultra lite ones, i have done the mechanical boost gauge but man stuck on the 3 electrical ones :unsure: ive got power and earth and illumination, tho th air\fuel needs a o2 wire and the water temp and oil temp need some weird sensor mounted and im lost. so i was wondering if any one has wire these up or noes where i could take them to get them finished off :banana::banana::banana:

cheers

Did you get the second hand or new? If new, the electrical gauges should come with senders that look pretty much like the stock water temp sender.

If they are mechanical water and oil temp, then they would have come with a very long semi-flexible metal probe (thermocouple) that needs to be plumbed into your water and oil somewhere.

If you're struggling, then maybe send the auto-eleccy guy that posted on here a message.

There are two water temp senders, one is a single pin and the other has two pins. They are on the front of the intake manifold just before it goes to the swirl pot thing and the radiator.

You usually install after market water temp senders in metal adapters that you cut into your radiator hose.

Oil temp senders usually require a filter sandwhich plate or some people tap straight into the sump.

Oil pressure can be Tee'd off with an appropriate fitting where the stock sender screws to the block.

AFR gauge, if it doesn't come with its' own sensor, will need to be spliced into the appropriate wire in the harness (find an ECU pinout). If it taps into the stock O2 sensor then it's a bit useless as the stock is a narrow band sensor and is only used for cruise and light throttle applications. If you want a proper AFR readout then look into something like an Innovate LC-1 + gauge.

Edited by bubba

Yeah pretty much the same as mine.

Everything I said above stands, you need to screw the oil temp sender into a sandwich plate (or use the weldon boss listed on the website to weld to the sump). Water temp sender needs an adapter in the radiator hose to screw the sender in to.

And yes, exhaust gas sensor is the o2 sensor.