SAU Community

V35 Sound System Question

Hi all, I am currently looking into buying a V35 Skyline Coupe 03-04 model, and i would just like to know if the factory "BOSE" sound system is any good??? Having previously owned both 33 and 34 skyline , which somehow luckily all came with big aftermarket sound systems installed by prevouse owners, (headunit, amp, big sub speakers) setup, i just want to know if the factory setup on the v35 are decent enough? thanks

I like my Bose system, does what i need it to. Keep in mind (From what i can see) the V35 has 4x 6 inchers, 2 with tweeters (Front and mid), and 2x 6x9's at the back. (might be wrong about this). I also use a 7" touch screen Double Din system with built in blutooth etc. Really happy with the system in general. My previous car had a full aftermarket Pioneer system and this blows it away.

Bose make the speakers for the car so all the harmonics are as close to perfect as you could like.

+1 for the Bose sound system, really good and decent and no need to go ruin the car with some after market rubbish to make it go DOOF DOOF and look like a wannabe :D

I am happy with the BOSE.

I use a Computer as my "Headunit" and have a 31 band digital / software equalizer to tailor the sound for the car. Being able to finely control the Eq has really made a difference.

For the highs (ie >15khz), I think most of these are lost due to the fact I am actually playing MP3's, I dont know if the BOSE would actually handle them. But with the eq, its enough for me.

The weekness I would have to say is actually in the true sub-woofer range. The bass can be pushed pretty hard, but to me the crisp kick of bass is not as good as I hoped for, but still much better than your average sound system. I do like to feel my bass; no, not "doof doof", but the "kick". But to give you an idea, when a good song comes on, and I turn up the volume just a little, it doesnt take much to get the rearvision mirror bouncing along to the tune.

Depends on how serious you are about your sound, It won't sound anything like the systems in your previous vehicles.

You could keep the head unit so it looks factory but if you did I would consider an aftermarket processor like the Audison bit1/Rockford 3sixty/Alpine PXA-H800/JBL-MS8 to get a clean signal to your amp/amps if you go down that path.

Do some research on Mobile Electronics Australia, You'll get plenty of local advice on car audio.

Alternatively have a look on DIYMA in the US where there are plenty of instals in the G35

Depends on how serious you are about your sound, It won't sound anything like the systems in your previous vehicles.

You could keep the head unit so it looks factory but if you did I would consider an aftermarket processor like the Audison bit1/Rockford 3sixty/Alpine PXA-H800/JBL-MS8 to get a clean signal to your amp/amps if you go down that path.

Do some research on Mobile Electronics Australia, You'll get plenty of local advice on car audio.

Alternatively have a look on DIYMA in the US where there are plenty of instals in the G35

i upgraded the head unit to a dvd touch screen jvc, and added a 500w mono block amp and 2 s type alpine subs, but left the factory bose speakers and amp, it sounds great, the speakers themselfs when hooked up to an aftermarket deck with a crossover to remove the real low end and push that through the sub are as good as any $200-300 set of aftermarket speakers.

are as good as any $200-300 set of aftermarket speakers.

LOL that's not an indication of quality. If you'd compared them to a $900-$1500 set of speakers then you'd have reason to claim they are good. I've seen and removed the factroy speakers and I don't rate them highly, but to most who really don't care that much about quality audio OR who have not actually experienced a really good sound system then the stock speakers may be quite adequate. Some of the more frugal Doof Doof crowd fit into this catagory as well, more emphasis on bass and less need for quality up front means the factory speakers may be fine.

LOL that's not an indication of quality. If you'd compared them to a $900-$1500 set of speakers then you'd have reason to claim they are good. I've seen and removed the factroy speakers and I don't rate them highly, but to most who really don't care that much about quality audio OR who have not actually experienced a really good sound system then the stock speakers may be quite adequate. Some of the more frugal Doof Doof crowd fit into this catagory as well, more emphasis on bass and less need for quality up front means the factory speakers may be fine.

you can lol all you want, my last car had q line mb quarts, yes they where much better, but what im saying is so many people upgrade to basic pioneer or kicker splits and these people are not gonna see any gain with that money spent, simple as that, if you have a budget to buy mb quart, focal or other brands like that you wouldnt ask questions about stock speakers period... so instead of laughing at genuine comments make sure you take them in the context they where written in, and don't be a douche.

Edited by bigdr33gtst

talk about taken out of context, read my post again before you start labeling. That was constructive advice, if you can't take it you don't belong on a forum, period.