SAU Community

Tips For A Baby Seat And Pram To Fit 350Gt

Yep I can't imagine for a second you will ever get a full size pram into the boot of a coupe.

And you won't get a rear facing capsule (which they need until they are 6 months or 9kg) in unless you have the passenger seat COMPLETELY forward (ie. basically unable to seat a passenger).

An actual baby seat (for 6mths+) fits easily and my 3 year old gets in and out easily on his own.

Any chance you could post a pic of this setup? A V35 coupe has been struck off our list, but if the rear child seat is actually ok for a 2+ year I'd love to put it back on the list of options.

Cheers

Edited by thumpr

i literally went to Bubs shop as well as the Mothercare and checked to see if the safe and sound compaq fits.....rear facing is a bit of a pain for the passenger but front facing is a easy deal....pretty confident there wont be any issues....

First of all Congrats... we just had a Baby Boy 5 months ago. Best thing ever!... but get your sleep! haha

I took my back seat out of mine so I can't help you there. I know you've probably already considered this but just a warning, putting a baby seat at the back of a coupe is obviously not as safe in regards to an emergency. Also you have to consider the position of the air bag in the rear. I spotted a warning sticker somewhere there when I was first considering putting a baby seat at the back seat as well. It was in Japanese but from what I gather, if the airbag goes off, the impact of it hitting your newly born may be harsh. Don't want to scare ya but its good to know.

+1 for hiring a babyseat\capsule. Cheaper option for the 1st 6 months because you'll end up replacing it for a bigger one anyways.

+1 for importing the mother\dad\brother-in-law or anyone really for help!

Also regarding a lifted seat for your Mrs to make it easy for her getting in and out of the car, I bought a Tummy Sheild for her. It'll lift her up a tiny bit and protect her tummy and your baby. Check it out: http://www.tummyshield.com.au/default.php