SAU Community

Hicas Light Turns On, Power Steering Goes Bye Bye

scott666

Righto I used the search function already and I couldn't find a answer so I am putting it out there.

So I will be driving my 33 along and the hicas light will come on, then I lose my power steering. It mostly happens tho when I go for a drive and stop somewhere say for example to get fuel, when I turn the car back on the hicas light will be on and I have no power steering... My power steering fluid is full and does not leak at all.

I dont know exactly how hicas works but I am under impression it runs of the power steering pump some how... When I park the car over night the power steering has come back..

Any ideas?

had that issue with mine. Do you have an aftermarket steering wheel fitted? or the stock nissan item. because i've heard the stock one has steering angle sensors.

the r33 hicas steering rack is electronic, so could be something to do with it.. i had an aftermarket steerer, and the hicas light was always on, and steering was heavy.. on random occations the light would turn off and steering would be light again..

hicas is over rated anyway :P

check the hicas ecu in the boot, under the parcel shelf below the driver's side speaker.

i had the same problem. Swapped the ecu for a working one. problem solved.

Edited by Munkyb0y