SAU Community

Gtr Cosmetic Conversion..

Hey guys,

So im looking to do a front end conversion to my R34, GTR bonnet and bumper etc just for cosmetics ;)

Anyone know of somewhere decent who stocks these in Aus, not really fussed about the colour i can respray.

Am i best to go fibreglass or spend the extra????

If you buy a Fibreglass kit you'll find one easily and not need to do the whole conversion ie. bonnet, guards, lights etc. It would be substantially cheaper and a whole lot less work to do this.

Keep in mind if you source a genuine GTR front bar and want it to fit CORRECTLY, it will also require GTR headlights, guards and bonnet. If you factor this is in with the cost of labour to fit, plus respray, it will be excessive and substantial. If you can do the work all yourself you could save some coin, but I'm presuming you'd need the work done too.

That's just my 2 cents worth however. If you want to do it, then do it! Numerous threads on this bud so have a search.

Also should have mentioned, if you do buy a GTR front bar (genuine) and fit it without the proper hood etc it will create a slight over hang and gap between the headlights.

Edit: just read through your post again and realized you were aware about the bonnet etc!

Edited by gtsttrk

If you buy a Fibreglass kit you'll find one easily and not need to do the whole conversion ie. bonnet, guards, lights etc. It would be substantially cheaper and a whole lot less work to do this.

Keep in mind if you source a genuine GTR front bar and want it to fit CORRECTLY, it will also require GTR headlights, guards and bonnet. If you factor this is in with the cost of labour to fit, plus respray, it will be excessive and substantial. If you can do the work all yourself you could save some coin, but I'm presuming you'd need the work done too.

That's just my 2 cents worth however. If you want to do it, then do it! Numerous threads on this bud so have a search.

Also should have mentioned, if you do buy a GTR front bar (genuine) and fit it without the proper hood etc it will create a slight over hang and gap between the headlights.

Edit: just read through your post again and realized you were aware about the bonnet etc!

TLDR go fiberglass its easier

Just to clear up, you don't need to change your headlights, they are the exact same. I've done this conversion. If you use all genuine parts, you will need, gtr front bumper, fenders, bonnet, bonnet catch, bonnet hinges. (the last two are diffrent between gtt and gtr) Where the gaurds mount in the engine bay you'll need to space up approx 20mm with spacers. Also using factory gear, you won't have issues fitting and lining parts up, so would be an easily acheivable diy job. Again with spraying, depends on your own personal experience/competency. If you go to the extent of whole car you'll be looking at alota dollars to get genuine rear quarters bumper skirts, fuel flap taillights. I did mine all out of fibreglass, only diffrence is mine slightly wider due to the type of rear quarters I used. Fitting these was very time consuming, but of little cost doing myself. I imagine paying to have done will add up quickly. Hope this helps and gives you an idea of whats needed/involved

Hey matey I have also done this conversion with all genuine parts and I don't recommend it lol it was very costly... Um the only thing that doesn't bolt straight on is the guards U have to get spacers made up.... The headlights bolt on U just need the gtr head light brackets

not sure how much you're looking at with genuine parts.

East Bear might be an option. Pretty expensive but might not work out as expensive as genuine (but will probably come close).

keep in mind, this stuff comes from japan.

theres a 2 piece kit so you can use the oem bonnet

http://www.rhdjapan.com/east-bear-2-piece-front-set-stock-bonnet-type-i-nissan-r34-zenki-67858

or theres 4 piece kits

http://www.rhdjapan.com/east-bear-4-piece-new-type-gts-r-front-set-frp-bonnet-zenki-r34-53796

http://www.rhdjapan.com/east-bear-4-piece-gts-r-front-aero-kit-r34-skyline-61210

Sorry to hijack but I was positive GTR lights were different, well at least on a 33. I've never done this conversion so can someone confirm of that's just an urban myth?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think anyone mentioned that Fibre Glass will crack. I'd go a little extra and get genuine or non-fibreglass parts cause if you scrape or hit something like the gutter, it'l crack and more money gone. That's the only downside.

I don't think anyone mentioned that Fibre Glass will crack. I'd go a little extra and get genuine or non-fibreglass parts cause if you scrape or hit something like the gutter, it'l crack and more money gone. That's the only downside.

+1

I've been here. Not sure of any local companies though that make non fibreglass, unless of course you're talking OEM.