SAU Community

Daytime Running Lights

ive seen them in the bumper vents of a v35 here and they looked stupid in my opinion.

the ones in aftermarket headlights are better but still kinda out of place

in all honesty, any DRLs bought cheap on ebay are not worth the effort. they are not bright enough, the colour is too blue, and they dont match any of the cars existing lines. to be a proper DRL you would need EACH LED to be a minimum of 3w to be seen in daylight. and they arent cheap. Narva make them....

google any car that has factory DRLs to see what i mean about DRLs integrating into flowing body lines.... its one of those things that never really work as an afterthought.

i personally would look at the 2011 porsche carrera bumper lights with DRLs as a styling idea simply because of the similar front shape

Apparently its "standard" on Canadian G35s .. as DRLs are mandatory there, but not much on the web about getting it or integrating it into our cars. Its all a personal taste whether you like it or not. If it stops others from bumping into me, I'm all for it! :-)

ive seen them in the bumper vents of a v35 here and they looked stupid in my opinion.

This is where they were in my car when I bought it.. they looked stupied and the first thing I did to the car was remove them..

Apparently its "standard" on Canadian G35s .. as DRLs are mandatory there, but not much on the web about getting it or integrating it into our cars. Its all a personal taste whether you like it or not. If it stops others from bumping into me, I'm all for it! :-)

I thought the canadian rules just had low beam headlights that were forced on when the engine is running.. not separate DRLs.. could be wrong though, it has been a while since I have been there!

Audi wannabe is the first thing that comes to mind. Although I love the Look of the "iron man" v36 headlight mod.. Wish it was easier to do though.

What's worse is when you see bogans in their commonwhores with them. I've even seen Patrol's and Hi-Luxes with them in Mackay, lol. But that's QLD for you.

Your car looks great as well projectx. Which one is yours? Does your tail lights stay on btw?

None of those 3 is mine.. I pulled that pic from the MYG37 forum. Its a pretty involved and time consuming modification to get the LED's into the headlights like that. The main problem being, if one little LED blows, you will need to take your car apart again to fix it. The results are so nice though!! My lights are stock right now apart from LED parkers. I was lucky and managed to retain factory HID setup though..