SAU Community

Help :(

Disko_Tek

ok so my series 2 has been throwing little tantrums over the last week...

randomly on my way to belmont one night when it was pissing with rain my car decided to start a serious rough idle, slight surging, misfiring and wanting to stall - its an auto. the car would completely drop revvs then instantly shoot back up to over 1k... massive black plumes of smoke coming out the back. went on for about 30 mins then cleared its self up... its continued doing this even after 4 tanks of fuel because im getting maybe 250km outta the tank atm cause of its hissy fits....

checked air leak - found a leak parts on order

spark plugs only 2 months old.

fuel pressure regulator - possible and requiring new one!

coil packs - only done about 100k but still stock so could be?

so i was told take off the cover where the coil packs were cause if they are getting too hot it could be causing these issues... so i attempted myself unaware that bulk shit needs to come off to remove such a simple little thing.... got half way through it yesterday, storm came through so i packed it up to tackle later. last night go to put car back together. achieved. feeling proud as punch.... go to start car FAIL... initially nothing at all but power. fiddled with stuff. car will crank but not fire like there is no fuel BUT i got half a tank FML....

IF ANYONE KNOWS OR CAN HELP ITS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

otherwise i might roll it out into the street and burn it lol

Start by looking at what you took off/unpluged and make sure its all back to gether correctly.

Sounds like the coil pack harness is not plugged in correctly. If you car is stock or close to it removing the cover can cause more harm than good by letting crap into that area.

From what you have described it sounds like you Air Flow Meter (AFM) is at fault. Search here and google that will give heaps of things to try and fix it.

easy to tell before pulling it apart, does it prime?

turn the key to on (not start) and see if you can here it or is there pressure in the line (squeeze it near the reg)

Just because an electrical plug looks to be connected doent mean it is. Every plug you touch go back unplug, check if there is anything in it and plug it back in makeing sure it hits home.

Similar thing happened to me with an aftermarket bonnet, water got under the coilpack covers in heavy rain and car dropped down to 5 cyl, then 4 cyl and then it didn't run. Had to pull it all apart and take out the coilpacks and clean it all out and I sold the bonnet which was a shame cause I really liked it. While the car was running on 5 cyl etc I used a hell of a lot of fuel and eventually realised that my o2 sensor had burned out too. I could only travel about 300kms on a tank of gas. Unsure if the two problems were related, but they happened at the same time. Hope that helps.