SAU Community

R32Passenger Window

david69

Anybody please help..passenger window wont go down.will only go up.motor is working ok,there is no mechanical thing stopping it,switch is ok.spent 4 hours still no good.any help appreciated...need window to go down as air con no working.cheers.

I think there was a thread about cleaning the switch contacts. I think you just need to pop out the switch but be careful as the parts could go flying everywhere.

Had the same in my old s15. Would only go down with the passenger door switch but drivers switch would let it go up and down.

Pull apart your window switch and clean the terminal contacts that the rocker inside sits on. The electrical current tends to build up corrosion. I just scraped the terminal clean and applied electrical grease to it and worked fine from there.

Maybe something is blocking it from going back up. Check the window with the door trim off and make sure it's still on the runner and isn't blocked by something.

Yeh i checked all that.was thinking someone might say ..ah yeh theres a wire that breaks or a fuse that blows..guess i have a wire broken somewhere.thanks anyway guys