SAU Community

R32 Or R33 Auto Into An Rb30 R31?

so my 31 box is slowly on the way out and kinda driving me nuts. had a look a round and i’ve come to 2 possible solutions either rebuild the current one or put a low k wrecker box from a 32 or 33 in but i was wondering if it was at all possible to do so? i’ve seen a few people ask similar q’s but mainly with manual box not with an auto any info is greatly appreciated.

It should be doable. You'd need the TCU, and you'd need to make sure that you got a compatible TPS for the auto onto your throttlebody (have no idea if the RB30 is same same or different....do know that R32 uses a TPS switch only for the ECU and the variable resistor part is for the TCU, and that R33 is different from that). I don't know if the load signals between the ECU and TCU would be compatible (or even what they are, seeing as my first action with a dying R32 tranny was to pitch it and manual convert).

Other than that, it is mostly just mechanical stuff like making sure the tailshaft fits, flex plate and converter are compatible. Speedo drive, etc might be a little bit of fun.

• Like 1