SAU Community

[Fs] Hankook Rs-3 (Z222) 275/35/19

Hi,

I have a BRAND NEW set of Hankook RS3 tyres in 275/35/19 For sale. Originally intended for my GTR but have since sold the car so would like to recoup some funds.

The Ventus R-S3 is Hankook's Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for serious sports car, sports coupe and performance sedan enthusiasts looking for a race-minded street tire that can also meet the demands of autocross, drifting and track events. The Ventus R-S3 is designed to reduce the performance gap between street and track tires by significantly improving dry traction; however like all summer tires, it is not intended to be driven through snow, on ice or in near-freezing temperatures.

Hankook Racing Carbonblack Silica Compound (RCSC) technology has been incorporated into the Ventus R-S3 to improve dry grip. The tire's profile has been developed to maximize a footprint contact patch that features a directional tread design comprised of large shoulder blocks, notched intermediate ribs and a wide center rib to deliver constant road contact and enhance the tire's handling capabilities. The Ventus name and unique flame patterns are subtly recessed into the center rib and both intermediate ribs to help drivers show off their "hot" new treads. Wide circumferential center grooves, narrower outboard grooves and multiple lateral grooves provide water evacuation for wet traction. The tire's internal structure includes two wide steel belts reinforced by nylon to provide strength and high-speed capability while two-ply polyester sidewalls help resist lateral deflection to provide responsive handling and cornering stability.

Fantastic for those running 19"x10.5" set ups on their GTR's.

This is 100% Australian and current dated stock.

Price:

$1525.00 ONO RRP $490/TYRE Free Delivery if your in Metro Sydney:)

South West Sydney

RS3_zps0b8659a7.jpg

RS31_zpse2124130.jpg

Bump.

Probably the cheapest around for these, and ready to be picked up or shipped.

XKLABA: I'll get back to you on that.

PS: I will not accept offers of $1k :) If you can show me where I can buy a brand new set locally for $1k brand new I'll go and buy them.

On the tradwear, I understand that the RS3's were rated 140, but they were actually better than that, so they changed the rating to 200 . Nothing about the actual tyre changed.

From Tirerack:

During 2012, Hankook Tire changed the Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) Treadwear rating of their Ventus R-S3 Z222 Extreme Performance Summer tire.

UTQG ratings for Treadwear, Traction and Temperature are based on tests conducted by tire manufacturers and reported to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). These regulations allow tire manufacturers to under-rate their tires’ capabilities, but prohibit over-rating them. UTQG ratings are required to be branded on tire sidewalls and printed on their labels.

When the Ventus R-S3 Z222 was introduced in spring of 2009, Hankook assigned the 140 Treadwear rating to match the UTQG Treadwear rating required by existing competition rules. However subsequent Hankook wear data revealed the tire line provided equivalent wear to its predecessor (Ventus R-S2) and earned the same 200 Treadwear rating. This has also been supported by Tire Rack survey results and customer feedback that indicate Ventus R-S3 Z222 tires provide equivalent wear to other tires already featuring similar UTQG Treadwear ratings.

With some competition rules now requiring higher UTQG Treadwear ratings, Hankook decided it was time to officially change the Ventus R-S3 Z222 line’s rating to accurately reflect its capabilities.

Since 140- and 200-Treadwear rated tires are available*, both currently appear on NHTSA’s safercar.gov website for the Ventus R-S3 Z222 line.

No changes were made to tire compound or construction, so all Ventus R-S3 Z222 tire sizes continue to use the same by-size Hankook S-Code (part number). Both 140- and 200-Treadwear-rated tires are compatible with each other when put into service as singles, pairs or in combination.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...