SAU Community

Need Help!

Ok.....my car has just been into the garage and I have been told that the turbo is (a jap piece of shit) anyway he says the waste gate ain't opening properly. Now the turbo was fine on the old engine, but after I swapped them out, it's coughing and spluttering. Realising that the old engine wasn't standard, and I need new parts, I was wondering if someone could give me a shopping list on what's required and best place to get them.

High flow injectors

Coil pack

New ecu (because that ones buggered apparently)

Turbo if I can find one.

Anything else?

Any help would be awesome cheers.

If the wastegate isn't opening then I'd find out if it is just fouling on the dump pipe, or whether it's actually dead.

For the turbo you could either get your one rebuilt or buy a used one. There's probably someone selling one in the for sale section

As for injectors, what size are you after? Just stock ones?

What about ecu? Just stock? It's odd for an ecu to die, but if it is, and you just want a stock one, either try the for sale section of the forum or an import wreckers or even ebay.

For coils, you could either get genuine ones from nissan, or yellow jackets or splitfires. Both of those are available online, probably even from traders advertising on the forum in the traders section. That goes for most of the things you are after actually.