SAU Community

Speedo Sensor Help.

Nooba

Does anyone know the diffrence between a 300zx and Rb25 Speedo sensor ?

I recently did a manual conversion to my r34 gtt sedan using a Rb25det box from an r33. It didn't come with a Speedo sensor.

I couldn't seem to find anyone selling a 25 Speedo sensor but found a cheap 300zx sensor and read about Them being basicly the same box....so long story short, my Speedo on the cluster reads twice the actual speed. So if I'm doing around 40, cluster reads 80....

Searched every where can't find anything, would just like to know if there is any other options I have before buying a sensor from Nissan.

Well the other option is buying a sensor from a wrecker or a member selling parts. Your real problem is which sensor. The sensors in the R33 range differ in the number of teeth on the drive. There is no guarantee that an R33 sensor will read correctly on your R34 cluster. Unless someone can tell you for sure you should try to borrow one to see if it works. What happened to your original sensor?

Original sensor was auto, went with the box. I'm pretty sure the current pinion on 300zx is a red 20 tooth (need to check to comfirm). If I were to change the pinion on the sensor would I need more teeth or less?

I've called most of the import wreckers in Brisbane, none of them seperate sensor from box.