SAU Community

tsunami - donate!!

performance-wise

ok - with only a few minutes left for 2004 and much happening on an international scale. The most disturbing and most tragic is of course the devastating Asian earthquake and subsequent tsunamis.

I hope that everyone is contributing to the relief funds for this crisis as much as they can as their are many who desperately need it.

Australian Red Cross has so far raised more than $24 million in pledges for those affected.

Australian government has so far contributed $35 million.

It is going to take a long time for these people to get their lives together (if they ever do!!) The least we can do is give up some money for them.

Im having a quiet new years eve tonight and I am donating some of my "drinking" money to the fund. (It sounds pathetic hey?)

I reckon it would make more of a difference if we all personally donated. I just donated 50 bucks via RED CROSS , can anyone else match that (or beat it)?

Happy new year (for some)!!

sl!m - I hope your friends find their way to you soon. Your contribution will go a long way - good to hear!!

I am also waiting from contact from a friend in thailand. But I fear the worst.

Unfortunatly it doesnt sound to good for many people.. but there is always some luck! thanks for the kind wods mate, Hope you also hear from your friend !!

I finally heard from my friend in Phuket! I saw an email from her this morning...She lives in Phuket but she was thankfully in Bangkok during the tsunami.. her fathre owns a resort in Phuket and it was destroyed...gone. But Thankfully she is ok.

Yeha I donated a certain amoujnt from myself and my family...i cannot imagine what it would be like over there :-(

I finally heard from my friend in Phuket! I saw an email from her this morning...She lives in Phuket but she was thankfully in Bangkok during the tsunami.. her fathre owns a resort in Phuket and it was destroyed...gone. But Thankfully she is ok.  

Yeha I donated a certain amoujnt from myself and my family...i cannot imagine what it would be like over there :-(

thats good news that your friend is ok.

I dont know if many people know but apparently their was a huge quake out at sea between New Zealand and Tassie about 3 or 4 days before the quake and tsunami hit s.e.asia. It was one of the largest quakes on record.

I live on the south east coast of NSW and lucky for many of us the plates shifted horizontilly and not vertically.