SAU Community

How to fix ABS

RC33

Hi guys i own a R33 GTS-T with mild mods etc but besides that my car locks up the front tyres.Doesnt abs stop that from happening.Cause i have abs.Any ideas on whats happening here.+has anyone fitted a line locker in their car for the odd circle show.help please

• 2 weeks later...
hi, check the ecu codes, i think there are codes for the faults on abs unit.- there are for the r32s anyway

Stephen

i have a 94 r33, i got told that they didnt have abs ? is that true or mine just doesnt work?

Look under the bonnet, on the drivers side will be the brake master cylinder attached to a brake booster ( a large round container - usually painted black) on the firewall, follow the brake pipes/lines to the other side of the engine bay, if there is another box connected to these pipes then this will be the abs unit. If it is a non-abs car the pipes will go from the master cylinder down to each wheel, 1 pipe to each front wheel and two pipes should head down by the back of the engine under the car to each of the back brakes - there will be no unit connected to the pipes before they reach the wheels.

I hope this helps,